The Project Architect will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of the construction documentation and administration process from schematic design through contract administration and project close-out. They will be responsible for leading the technical team including in-house staff and external consultants.
- Lead team and client meetings.
- Oversee and manage production of construction documents for ground-up core & shell as well as renovation projects.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure coordinated, high quality construction documents.
- Proactively coordinate effectively with clients, project team, consultants and contractors gaining their trust and confidence.
- Conduct construction administration activities including site visits, RFI responses, submittal and punch list reviews.
- Inspire, develop and mentor architectural design staff.
- Minimum of six years of related experience
- Architectural License, State of California
- Highly skilled in Revit, experience with AutoCAD a plus
- Superior verbal, written, graphic communication and organization skills
- Strong knowledge of technical design and documentation of office and R&D buildings with working knowledge of California Building Codes and agency requirements
- Passion for providing exceptional client service
- Positive, outgoing, energetic and fun team player who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, or related field
Together, we design places that inspire people to learn, to cure, to heal to connect to community, to change the world and to dream...won't you join us?
DES Architects + Engineers has designed working, learning, and healing environments for our clients for 45 years. As a full-service design firm with offices in Redwood City and San Francisco we provide creative and sustainable solutions that serve the needs of life science, technology, healthcare, education, and development communities.Why Us?
DES is committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. In addition to offering competitive salaries and bonuses, we provide 100% company-paid employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as short and long-term disability benefits. The company offers a robust 401k plan with a generous company match and profit sharing. We offer a collaborative, friendly fun environment for our employees to thrive in, while offering a multitude of creative perks that you will be sure to appreciate.
We welcome, recognize, celebrate and encourage diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Our teams are comprised of people with experiences from diverse backgrounds which helps us gain a fresh perspective while challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
This job was posted on Wed Jul 15 2020 and expired on Sun Aug 02 2020.