Appcast, headquartered in Lebanon, NH, is a programmatic platform offering job advertising solutions to employers, recruitment & staffing firms, job sites, and agencies. They are present in the United States, Canada, UK and Belarus. The mission-driven team of 100+ members is composed of industry veterans, technologists, and data scientists, who are like a big family, inviting visionaries, trail-blazers and innovators to join. If you prefer working in a casual environment, in jeans and sneakers, where your ideas are welcome and get done, and where your performance is recognized, you will enjoy being part of the supportive and intellectually diverse team at Appcast.
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Project Engineer evaluates, assembles and designs packaging equipment to create and modify automated solutions for Design Group clients. This position will act as a project lead/SME on packaging and equipment activities in a variety of industries (pharmaceutical, consumer, beverage, food, industrial). This role will require conceptual design engineering and onsite implementation of integrated automated packaging lines. In addition, this role will be responsible for identification and troubleshooting of potential or current packaging problems and support of maintenance mechanics to identify and resolve problems in order to maintain and potentially increase productivity.
- Will complete automation packaging line design and development to include estimation, justification, budget, schedule, design, implementation, acquisition, installation, start-up, troubleshooting, and documentation facilities and equipment compliant with local, state, federal, and international regulations.
- Develop equipment design and specifications, design of equipment support systems, and bid analyses.
- Lead communications with vendors (OEM's) and contractors to implement cutting edge automation solutions.
- Provide engineering solutions for continuous improvement objectives using industry standard tools and procedures (Change Control, ROI, etc).
- Ability to evaluate existing packaging operations, and suggest and drive projects to provide immediate ROI and improve productivity.
- Identify and specify required tooling and/or packaging equipment for projects within designated timelines.
- Must showcase a deep understanding of all types of packaging equipment (filling, secondary packaging, palletizing) in a range of industries and applications. Ideally including fully integrated lines.
- Demonstrate daily problem-solving capabilities including strategic and critical thinking.
- Must have strong interpersonal/communication skill: verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills including communication, financial management, and team leadership
- Cross-functional networking and influencing ability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong desire and aptitude to interact and build relationships with clients.
- Understanding of FDA regulations and requirements surrounding documentation required is a plus.
- Ability to close out projects successfully and building for the next opportunity.
- Client Focus: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Action Orientated: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Courage: Steps up to address difficult issues, says what needs to be said
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- 4+ years of experience in project engineering, capital budget projects, and packaging solutions.
- Experience in at least one of the following industries is a plus: Beverage, Food, Consumer Products, Pharmaceutical, Industrial.
- Have a strong history of critical problem solving wins
- Experience in writing scope of work documentation and managing contractors on site is plus
- Working knowledge of applicable ACAD, SOPs and cGMPs is ideal
- Knowledge of packaging components & equipment types correlating to those components
- General understanding or ability to gain experience in automation control systems (PLC, HMI, VFD's, etc) preferred
Travel will be required to support installation and start-up activities, attend Client meetings, Design Group management meetings, company-sponsored training and industry related seminars, forums or conventions.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc