The Project Manager/Facilities Manager is responsible for the oversight of all facility management program requirements, including oversight, direction and coordination of all operations and maintenance (O&M) and repair activities at a large GSA facility located in Washington, DC Metro area. The Project Manager/Facility manager ensures adherence to programmatic objectives by completing the following tasks:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of large and diversified support staff and skilled trades workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment, structures, buildings, and other support services at assigned jobsite.
- Participates in regular meetings with customers, stakeholders, and corporate management.
- Responsible for managing Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Establishes communication plans, emergency plans, CMMS plan, schedules, and cost controls.
- Ensures that all buildings meet all relevant federal, state, and local building codes.
- Responsible for programmatic administration, coordination, and management of services, projects, alterations, budgetary and schedule oversight, facilities management, and leadership of programs and services.
- Conducts quality and safety inspections, tours, and audits and performs corrective actions as needed.
- Oversees specialty subcontractors and vendors and monitors performance.
- Ensures that buildings meet safety and health requirements, such as confirming that fire protection and alarm systems are functional.
In addition, the Project Manager/Facility Manager
- Manages and oversee all aspects of project cost controls, financial requirements, safety, schedule, change management systems and quality for successful completion of the project.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking contract performance and compliance with contract deliverables.
- Evaluates operational activities and determines methods for productivity improvement.
- Maintains relationships with client, corporate management, designers, subcontractors, consultants, and vendors.
- Oversees development of project schedule activities.
- Manage and/or coordinate project staffing and resources.
- Monitors project procurement including invoicing, billing, contract modifications, and subcontracts.
- Responsible for maintaining a good working environment to include human relations, payroll, and ethics compliance.
- Complies with company-wide safety program, cultivates an active safety culture, and promotes quality in performance and customer service. Establishes QA/QC procedures and conducts quality control inspections. Lead and attend project meetings.
- Develop and implement project execution plan.
- Demonstrate commitment to a Safety First Environment through personal actions and mentoring project staff.
- Minimum 10yrs O&M/Facilities Management type experience, with at least 8yrs in a project management/supervisory role.
- The Project Managers experience must be in the operation, management, and supervision of building mechanical maintenance operations for buildings at least 500,000 square feet.
- Minimum high school diploma (or GED) required. Bachelors degree in facility management, construction science, project management or a closely related is preferred
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular