Nestled in Waltham, MA, Raytheon Company is an international technology and innovation firm in aerospace and defense, providing electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services for a wide variety of government and commercial customers. Besides its global business services segment the company runs four operations: Integrated Defense Systems; Intelligence, Information and Services; Missile Systems; Space and Airborne Systems. Working toward the goal of making the world a safer place, the company offers career paths to you if you consider yourself mission-driven who thrives on continual learning, big ideas and real challenges. Job openings are not only available for professionals, but also for recent graduates & interns; moreover the company offers a Relaunch Program, a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is accessible for you, containing elements of health care, income protection, investment/retirement and work/life benefits. As one of the earliest technology start-ups Raytheon was established in Cambridge, home of the Institute of Technology, as the American Appliance Company in 1922.
Raytheon is seeking an experienced and cleared Project Manager/Coordinator to work as part of a collaborative, multidiscipline team in support of the U.S. Government in Herndon, VA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Track Project Progress in Customer’s PMTool
- Perform PMF programmatics for the project (schedule, control gates, prepare slides, distribute minutes, review/verify deliverables, etc)
- Track project schedule in both MS Project and PMTool
- Perform technical writing/ project documentation
- Version control draft and baseline documentation
- Track Team/Project Action Items
- Project Purchasing, documentation and research
- Develop project schedules, timelines
- Develop and present briefings
- Produce Project status reports
- Leverage experience across the Center, Group, and external offices.
- Create/update project documentation to include PMF deliverables
- Coordinate with Customer’s security elements for Project Certification and Accreditation
- Experience managing technical/IT projects
- Strong understanding of Customer field environment.
- Ability to work/coordinate with internal/external Customers/Vendors to gather requirements, develop plans and execute to budgets/timelines as required.
- Ability to work and deliver on short suspense tasking/products in a fast paced potentially stressful environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously in a rapidly paced environment.
- Experience with Customer’s Project Management Framework.
- Creates, incorporates, implements changes to schedule(s)
- Working knowledge of Customer’s official message system
- Working knowledge of Customer’s organization, internal policies and processes
- Project Organization/tracking
- Expert with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, and Access
- Willing to “go the extra mile” in customer service and effort in ensuring that time critical requirements are met.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of very strong personalities in a very dynamic environment
- Highly mission oriented
Additional RequirementsRequired Education
- Service Now knowledge
- Experience managing projects for the Customer, working through control gates, technical review boards, Customer acceptance.
- Experience with Field Communications and coordination
- PMP and ITIL Foundations Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or BS in another Management or IT field with emphasis on project management and a minimum of six (6) years of experience
- Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Full Scope Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.