Xator Corporation is a trusted provider of mission-focused C4ISR solutions addressing National Security & Intelligence, Tactical Intelligence, Critical Infrastructure Protection, and Training for U.S. Government clients at home and abroad. Our work positively impacts the safety and security of personnel, facilities, and vital information throughout the world.
- The Proposal Writer reports to Xator’s Vice President of Business Development and focuses on writing, structuring, and organizing proposals and associated artifacts, which may contain specialized technical material and other key communications that are created in response to Xator’s Government customer and prospective customer requirements.
- The Proposal Writer liaises with executive, Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Business Development/Capture, customer/prospective customer, technical, academic, and/or partner personnel to develop persuasive proposals on any topic. As well, the Proposal Writer integrates custom content and messaging to achieve strategic objectives and develops and regularly updates critical boilerplate information for regularly-used management and technical proposal components. Further, the Proposal Writer gathers facts, figures, case studies, past performance, kudos, and other evidence of Xator’s impact that contribute to the development of compelling content.
- The Proposal Writer should remain flexible, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with content partners to ensure a smooth proposal development process, approval of numerous stakeholders, and adherence to the timeline developed for each proposal.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit extremely strong writing and comprehension skills, which enable the Proposal Writer to turn complex issues and topics into persuasive and winning proposal material. This position is expected to perform duties for a wide range of subject areas.
- The Proposal Writer candidate must be able to quickly research topics, interview/discuss topics with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), review existing content, when it exists, and develop comprehensive, technically accurate proposal solutions.
- The Proposal Writer may be assigned writing duties for specific proposal sections or entire proposals. The candidate is expected to support Xator entities in all areas of document creation leading to submission of compliant, compelling, winning proposals.
Clearance requirement: Active Secret clearance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Responsible for writing proposals that are compliant with RFP requirements
- Researches complex ideas for use in proposal development and translates those complex ideas into comprehensive, technically accurate text
- Ensures proposal responses are compliant, compelling, and highly rated by the customer
- Effectively orchestrates the proposal development process by using annotated outlines, storyboards, and/or other proposal planning tools
- Interviews appropriate SMEs and effectively develops/integrates identified, relevant technical information into compelling proposal material
- Incorporates feedback from team reviews to assist with completion of the proposal development process
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 8-10 Years of experience writing Government proposals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals, including, but not limited to, executive leadership, customers, partners, and technical personnel (early career to Doctorate level)
- Extensive writing/editing and proofreading experience with strong grammar, syntax and style skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products:
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, and apply critical thinking skills to identify relevant information leading to development of technically accurate proposal materials
- Organizational and time management skills to coordinate projects and people, prioritize and track multiple projects simultaneously, and meet critical deadlines
- Must be able to work effectively in a team setting while also being an independent thinker
- Highly organized individual with demonstrated ability to manage time and deliverables under tight deadlines
- Must be willing and able to work long hours to meet proposal development timelines
- Demonstrated ability to orchestrate development of proposal content in a team setting and to synchronize/synthesize material from multiple technical and non-technical proposal contributors
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
The ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.