As Purchasing Agents, we dentify and evaluate the best suppliers, products, and resources. We often choose the best manufacturers in terms of reliability, product consistency and cost-effectiveness. Some of us maintain stock levels and determine purchasing requirements. We build cost-effective proposals and negotiate contracts and rates with suppliers. Also, we prepare and process purchase orders. We organize and inspect purchase deliveries, develop and establish long-term supplier relationships.
- create effective buying plans
- examine supplier profiles and deals
- prepare and use successful bargaining techniques
- manage partnerships with main vendors to ensure product consistency and on-time delivery
- examine supplies to ensure the accuracy
- keep an eye on stock prices