For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2016 sales and revenues of $38.537 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
JOB DUTIES: The Digital Application QA Lead is responsible for application quality, and performance. They manage all interactions with the application, utilize best practices and ensures application usability. Key areas of accountability include developing solutions for projects/programs and providing input into application evolution plans. Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, application architecture, diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, cross platform infrastructure components.
- Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
- Integrates processes and software components across functional organizations.
Typical internal customers include employees within multiple business processes or functions. In addition, this person may have direct relationships with IT Supervisors, IT Managers, and, in some cases, Directors. External contacts include various companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar and/or suppliers who provide hardware or software to Caterpillar. Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
Top Candidates will also have:
- Position requires a four year STEM degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of strong functional test cases development experience
- 3+ years of experience with test automation and tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, etc
- 1+ years of experience in a QA manager role, having led a QA team
- 1+ years of experience in SQL
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Java. .NET
- Experience in all stages of application testing including UI, backend, functional, regression
- Experience in performance testing using tools such as HP LoadRunner
- 2+ years of experience in Agile methodology program management
- Adept at managing quality of the application through business change, project management methods and tools, migration planning
- Good technical, communication and influential skills
- Experience with offshore teams