Walmart, the Bentonville, Arkansas-based operator of discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets, offers a broad selection of merchandise and operates over 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries. The Walmart culture is based on four values – Service to the Customer, Respect for the Individual, Strive for Excellence and Act with Integrity. The company nourishes social and environmental sustainability, and via Walmart Foundation it generally provides more than $1 billion for philanthropic purposes. With its motto of “our people make the difference”, Walmart endeavors to maintain a place of opportunity. In partnership with Guild Education, and its Live Better U program, the company provides associates the opportunity to earn debt-free degrees. If you join Walmart, your contribution will be rewarded with healthcare and insurance benefits with coverage for domestic partners options, enhanced maternity benefits, discounts, paid time off, 401(k), and several others.
- Assists in supervision of associates in area of responsibility
- Assists with ripening and conditioning programs and protocols (for example, banana ripening and replenishment)
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs
- Leads and participates in teams
- Monitors daily documentation (for example, HACCP)
- Supports associate engagement
- 2 year s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Economics or a business related field OR 6 months' experience as a Walmart Quality Control associate OR 1 year s experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, developing associates, or managing workload.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year s experience in produce, meat or fresh food quality control inspection, or banana ripening.
- 1 year s experience supervising, mentoring, developing associates, or managing workload.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.