Walker Products, Inc., manufacturer of Automotive Fuel System Components and Engine Management Devices, is seeking a Quality Manager in its Pacific, MO facility. This position will be responsible for creating and executing QA plans, gathering, analyzing, and reporting on quality metrics, and overseeing auditing of company processes with a concentration on IATF 16949:16 and the Corrective Action System. Will supervise the QA staff and ensure that QA system is functioning properly.
- Oversee, maintain, and improve the company’s IATF 16949:16 program.
- Analyze and recommend appropriate changes of quality procedures to respective managers.
- Audit existing and new TS procedures for compliance based on IATF 16949:16 requirements and audit history.
- Verify that procedures are in use, functional, and efficient.
- Assume the responsibility of IATF 16949:16 representative for Walker Products, Inc., coordinate and administer third party audits, inclusive of schedules, communication, reports and tracking follow-up actions.
- Report ongoing activities to Management and keep the company’s continuous improvement efforts on track.
- Oversee and champion the Corrective Action system.
- Maintain the corrective/preventive action program, inclusive of tracking status of open actions, receiving and reviewing responses, working with departments for timely completion and periodic reports and metrics.
- Monitor, evaluate and assign corrective actions to appropriate department heads for completion.
- Assure Internal/External corrective action opportunities are channeled through the CAR system.
- Verify by auditing the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Provide monthly reports on problem areas to management.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to help improve their processes.
- Review of Engineering Process/Quality functions
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Engineering or QA discipline or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Excel, Word, and Access.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the company
- Proficient in data collections, analysis and presentation
- 3+ years experience in company-wide IATF 16949:16 lead auditing
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. May require lifting of up to 20 pounds.
Walker Products began supplying the fuel system needs of the automotive industry in 1946. Today Walker is one of the largest, privately owned manufacturers of fuel system components and engine management sensors. We have five manufacturing locations: Garden Grove, California, two in Western Colorado: Fruita and Grand Junction, one in Pacific, Missouri and one in Palmetto, FL.
We serve major Original Equipment Manufacturers, Co-manufacturers, Rebuilders and Retail customers in the fuel, engine management and exhaust markets worldwide.
Our product offerings include:
• Carburetion Repair Kits and Accessories
• Fuel Injection Repair Kits and Accessories
• Oxygen Sensors
• Engine Management Devices – including ACT Sensors, ECT Sensors, Cam & Crankshaft Position Sensors, EGR Valve Position Sensors, EGR Valve Pressure Sensors, MAP Sensors, MAF Sensors, Throttle Position Sensors, EGR Valves, IAC Motors, TABPV, Fuel Pressure Regulators, TBI & Port Fuel Injectors and Fuel Seal Repair Kits
• Ignition Wire Sets and Ignition Coils
We are committed to supplying products manufactured to meet or exceed OEM standards and specifications. This effort is backed by our own manufacturing, product management and engineering staff to ensure it is maintained and accurate in the production of quality parts, vehicle applications, instruction sheets and technical support.
Walker Products offers medical and dental insurance, vacation, and holiday pay.