Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services builds on our heritage of improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. We work with our partners to find innovative solutions to community concerns using a coordinated, strategic approach. Our efforts are concentrated on three key areas: community life, education and safety.
Ford Motor Company is moving into a new phase of its 100+ year history, one in which software is at the heart of its future. The automobile is being re-defined as a networked computing platform upon which an ever-evolving set of on and off vehicle applications are being developed, allowing us to create exciting new mobility-related consumer experiences. While many such experiences can be developed using conventional computing hardware, more complex applications, including autonomous vehicle machine learning, vehicle route planning, and optimization, and material sciences require that we explore emerging computing platforms including quantum computing. We believe quantum computing holds significant promise in helping solve many of these problems and have plans to actively pursue both research and production related areas leveraging the technology. Ford also recognizes that quantum computing requires deep technical knowledge in related technologies and that we need to build and acquire skills in those technology and applicable business areas.
This position is located at Ford s Research and Innovation Center in Dearborn, MI.
Resume, Cover Letter, or Portfolio material are appreciated and encouraged with applications
- Create, shape, and grow Ford Motor Company s Quantum Computing vision and strategy.
- Lead technical teams and collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and create Quantum Computing experiments and identify solutions.
- Understand the Quantum Computing space and extensively leverage established and emerging technology partners and start-ups to ensure Ford s technology leadership position.
- Educate the broader Ford team on Quantum Computing concepts, the technology s potential, and value.
- Create plans for growing our investment in Quantum Computing reflecting the technology maturity and potential.
- Create the proper artifacts to showcase that work and support external and internal customers.
- Conduct independent and team based research with, initially, a whitespace mindset.
- Provide Ford s internal and external point of view (PoV) regarding the technology and its applications.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Master s degree in Computer Science, Quantum Mechanics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an academic, research and/or applied industry environment.
- 2+ years of experience in Quantum Computation.
- Ph. D. in Computer Science, Quantum Mechanics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
- Proven leadership in Quantum Computation research.
- Demonstrated track record in engaging executive leadership.
- Demonstrated track record of introducing new technologies into a large academic or industry ecosystem.
- Proven ability to create new Quantum algorithms and deep familiarity with current Quantum and Quantum-inspired algorithms.
- Understanding of system performance and data security.
- Evidence of intellectual depth as evidenced by external publications and/or patents.
- Mastery of Quantum theory.
- Ability to create new Quantum algorithms and deep familiarity with current Quantum and Quantum-inspired algorithms.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to work with technical and non-technical audiences.
This job was posted on Mon May 28 2018 and expired on Sat Jun 30 2018.