BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital in Waltham, MA is hiring an extraordinary Radiation Oncology Veterinary Technician!
- Are you a passionate technician looking to improve your skills in the veterinary field?
- Do you want an opportunity to work with some of the brightest veterinary professional in this industry?
- Are you a driven, dependable, committed, and knowledgeable?
If you have been looking for a way to advance your career, please check us out.
The ideal candidate should have experience in Radiation Oncology. Along with a great attitude and a strong drive to succeed and build their career in Veterinary medicine, you will have huge growth opportunities within the service itself. We will also train the right candidate! If you have an interest in Oncology apply today!
As a Radiation Oncology Veterinary Technician you will:
What can you expect from BluePearl?
- Understanding the different types of radiation energies/modalities and appropriate uses for each
- Ability to perform basic RT patient set-ups under the supervision of doctors and higher level technicians
- Ability to administer appropriate radiation doses to patients under the supervision of higher level technicians
- Discharge Oncology patients from the hospital, including basic client education.
- Ability to admit Oncology patients and obtain through history including current medications and dosages, response to treatment and side effects, intensity and duration.
- Apply critical thinking skills, understand and notify doctors appropriately when working with laboratory results
- Understand pharmacodynamics & pharmacokinetics of commonly used medications
- Able to place peripheral over-the-needle catheter in all peripheral vessels
- Recognize abnormal heart and lung sounds
- Accurately calculates all medical math including advanced and CRIs.
- Recognizes patients at risk for arrest and initiates CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R guidelines
- Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia
- Ability to maintain and care for anesthesia equipment
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.How you can become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90" paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.Your benefit options will include:
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.