Middle East Broadcasting Networks is a news organization in North Africa and the Middle East that delivers its content in the Arabic Language. The organization comprises two major television networks - Alhurra-Iraq and Alhurra; Maghreb Voices.com, Sawa radio, Irfaasawtak.com among other social media platforms. Middle East Broadcasting Networks enjoy an audience of over 27.5 million people in a week across the regions. The organization’s mission is to further opinions, ideas, and available perspectives in media across the Middle East and North Africa. The Company’s vision is to provide accurate, objective, and relevant information and news to accurately American policies, Americans, and America. Middle East Broadcasting Networks promotes values of freedom and democracy. When working with the organization, the compensation is always good, and importantly the organization offers a work-life balance. The organization's Employee benefits include vacation policy, retirement benefit, and insurance benefits.The job opportunities are Broadcast Technician, Broadcast Engineer, IT Specialist – TV Broadcasting and many more.
Radio Broadcaster, Sawa Sudan
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Radio Broadcaster for our Radio team at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Radio Broadcaster generates story ideas, plans, researches and drafts original broadcast-quality news scripts for assigned stories ensuring accuracy, balance and objectivity; broadcasts the news and other programs in a balanced, accurate and objective manner. The Radio Broadcaster is also responsible for serving as a host and interviewer for live, call-in radio programs.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Radio Broadcaster include, but are not limited to:
- Announcing live newscasts and daily news magazine.
- Conceiving, planning, researching and drafting original broadcast-quality news scripts with a wide variety of views and expertise.
- Serving as host of one or more live, long-form radio programs.
- Interviewing on-air guests in an informative and compelling way.
- Selecting audio cuts and creating pre-produced audio programs.
- Adhering fully with MBN's Journalistic code of Ethics.
- Monitoring news-wires, feeds, stringer reports and other news input throughout the shift to keep on top of the news flow.
- Cultivating and maintaining credible news sources.
- Coordinating story themes with correspondents in the field as directed by the Shift Editor.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of world events, particularly those that affect and are of importance to people in Sudan.
- Preparing reports.
- Translating and adapting complex English texts into idiomatic Arabic.
- Adapting English interviews and tapes for Arabic Broadcasts.
Candidates are required to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism or broadcast journalism (preferred)
- 3-5 years news broadcasting experience.
- Ability to ad-lib during breaking news and ability to handle on-air problem.
- Excellent verbal and written Modern Standard Arabic and English communication skills.
- Strong on-air presence and personality.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of issues affecting Sudan.
- Experience as a live host.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and under tight deadlines.
- Experience and skills in interviewing in a live setting.
- Familiarity with digital tools and trends.
- Solid news judgment.
- Knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Technical ability to operate broadcasting equipment.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule to support 24/7 news environment. This may require overnight coverage.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.