Oak Street Health is a network of primary care centers for adults on Medicare that was established in 2012. The organization operates a creative healthcare model based on quality of care over volume of services, which assumes the full financial responsibility of its patients, with the goal of restoring healthcare as it should be. In Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Texas, Rhode Island, North Carolina, New York, Tennessee, and Mississippi, Oak Street Health currently operates over 70 locations. Every Oakie is a mission-driven person who goes above and beyond to help their colleagues and patients. It offers perks to the employees such as paid leaves, medical insurance, and assessment program.
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Referral Specialist/ Third Party Services (TPS) Coordinator - Central team
Location: 1420 Kensington Rd. Oak Brook, IL
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient's communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to providing outstanding patient care. Our Service Team builds individual relationships with our patients and ensure they are happy with their experience. The Third Party Request Coordinator Team is responsible for delivering excellent, high-touch assistance to our patients everyday.
TPS Coordinators are responsible for managing the day to day referrals and diagnostic orders for Oak Street Health patients to see specialists outside the clinic. They interact with the clinic teams and our payer partners to ensure that patients access the care they need in a timely manner.
* Updating patient information and making changes in electronic medical record platform
* Scheduling appointments within electronic medical records platform
* Communicating referral & authorization information to patients
* Obtaining authorization (when required) for all third-party requests
* Requesting medical records, submitting appropriate clinical documents to specialist offices, and uploading documents into electronic medical record platform
* Assembling information concerning patient's' clinical background and referral needs
* Scheduling specialist appointments and/or diagnostic orders as needed
* Manage access to and information in multiple payer portals
* Work in multiple electronic systems as needed
* Other duties, as assigned
What we're looking for
We're looking for motivated candidates with:
* Flexible and positive attitude
* Organized and able to manage competing priorities
* Strong computer skills and basic knowledge/familiarity with Microsoft Excel
* Strong communication and customer service skills
* Resourcefulness in problem solving
* Able to follow through with delegated tasks with accountability
* Health plan or provider order entry experience helpful
* Some knowledge of medical terminology and/or medical coding a plus
* High level of integrity
* Proficient PC skills
* College degree preferred, some college required
* US work authorization
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
* The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company, focused on changing the future of healthcare.
* Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
* Brand new, beautiful working environment
* Supportive and fun culture
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.