The Regional Account Manager (RAM) is responsible for the development of commercial strategies and initiatives within the deployment of Galderma CareConnect and other Access programs. This position will manage the daily interface of operations with key internal and external stakeholders (Externally: HCPs, Independent Pharmacy, Specialty Pharmacy, Closed retail Pharmacy and Internally: Sales, Marketing, Access, Supply Chain and other shared service functions.)
- Manage strategic and enterprise products in relation to coverage on Galderma Access programs; cost per redemption; rebate card usage through regional and national independent pharmacy channels
- Educate members of the healthcare community on the appropriate use of and the intent of Galderma CareConnect
- Examine the integrity of the use of Access programs: including but not limited to Galderma CareConnect and adherence programs
- Maintain an up-to-date comprehensive knowledge of managed care as it relates to Galderma prescription products and its Access programs
- Participate in activities/projects relating to marketing, distribution, and manufacturing coordination for Galderma Access solution products
- Coordinate all facets of independent mail order, specialty pharmacy, and select closed retail network programs including budget optimization and contract compliance
- Develop and monitor KPIs Serve as a field based program knowledge expert providing support for HQ and field teams
- Work closely with program vendors to address and manage external and internal customer service issues in a timely and effective manner
- Develop specific processes and process flows in support of highly customer-focused delivery of patient and healthcare provider services
- Other duties as assigned
Travel & Residency
Nationwide Minimum of ten (10) years of combined experience (sales, operations, management)
- Strong track record of consistent documented success
- Strong business acumen including excellent communication: verbal, written, and interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Strong knowledge of Dermatologic disease states
- Comprehensive knowledge of managed care
- Deep knowledge of customers and markets: prescribers/HCPs/institutions/ organizations/pharmacies
- Proficiency using complex sales data/call reporting software/applications
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Superior technical and relationship building skills
- Exceptional aptitude for learning and ability to communicate highly technical product and Access program information to a wide range of customers
- Ability to maintain and create relationships throughout institutions/accounts/pharmacies
- Knowledge of pharmacy adjudication process and perspective
- Ability to provide informal leadership within assigned accounts
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute activities in accordance with all applicable company and regulatory standards
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Climb stairs or ride elevators.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
- Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
- Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
- Up to 50% travel required
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.