ChenMed is a medical center based in Florida, United States. The medical center is dedicated to providing value-centered quality healthcare for seniors. The organization aims to become leading American care providing medical center. ChenMed aims to provide superior and affordable care for the senior citizens of the city. They merge passion with purpose. Their purpose is to serve the community with their quality ensured medicated care. They have a loving, responsible, and passionate environment. ChenMed has a cooperative community of team members. They seek to hire people with appropriate skills and intelligent minds to provide patient-centered care for senior citizens.
for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery.
ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative
philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology.
These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care
to the most vulnerable population moderate- to low-income seniors who hav
complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering
technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create
value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows
us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused
physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients
face time during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger
doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance
with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions.
Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive,
organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard
of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health
care system overall.
* Establishes guidelines, expectations and standard models for market
Network Directors (NDs) within designated region.
* Mentors, manages, onboards and develops regional market NDs.
* Supports regional market NDs in obtaining top level performance to meet
and/or exceed financial plan targets for clinical claim cost.
* Evaluates and provides performance feedback on the market NDs to Network
COE and Regional executives.
* Teaches market NDs how to properly manage Part A, Part B and Part D
costs, with the resources provided, to ensure financial acumen.
* Facilitates regular face-to-face and teleconference meetings with market
NDs to provide feedback, discuss business strategies and address
concerns. Coordinates additional support resources when needed.
* Travels between Corporate and regional markets to collaborate with market
NDs to resolve issues, problems and/or disputes; identify and execute
opportunities for performance and process improvements; develop network
quality measures and enrich value-add possibilities.
* Holds market NDs accountable for market progress against annual targets
and plans, gives direction and guidance, when necessary.
* Works with market NDs and the Referral COE to intervene in
* Assists the regions Market President and/or General Manager in evaluating
the performance of market NDs. Gives input and feedback during the annual
performance appraisal process and aids in identifying regional market NDs
with performance opportunities.
* Participates in the interview and selection process of new hire market
NDs. Also, in conjunction with HR resources and after conferring with
market leadership, leads in the search for replacement NDs when
* Determines successful completion of performance improvement plans and
accomplishment of market turn-around status.
* Leads network startup and development in new markets.
* Prior to transitioning direct leadership of new market NDs to the Market
President and/or General Manager, completes a standardized orientation on
the duties and responsibilities of the role which includes, but is not
limited to: RITS, QlikView training; Training on the use of the BI Tools
(i.e. HITS, RITS, etc.); Formal introduction and orientation at Corporate
with key stakeholders (i.e. CSE, BI, Legal, Corporate Compliance,
Credentialing, and HR); iIn collaboration with the Referral COE,
facilitating orientation and training of the referral process and PPL
specialist selection, and management.
* Assists in establishing relationships with their market health plans for
collaboration purposes (i.e. JOC meeting with Humana, etc.).
* Orients on recruitment, negotiating and onboarding of Tier 1 specialist
(i.e. Cardiology, podiatry, etc.)
* Orients new market NDs on quickly establishing a collaborative
relationship with the local market leadership team, specifically with the
Market Chief Medical Officer.
* Establishes onsite high-quality cost-effective services (i.e. mobile
mammogram, nuclear stress testing, etc.)
* Collaborates with CSE to organize and chair weekly market ND conference
calls to share and develop best practices.
* Convenes quarterly or similar market ND meetings for training, discussion
and performance management.
* Develops new tools, strategies and approaches to improve patient access
to our centers, such as urgent transport, telephone consults, video
consults and remote monitoring.
* Supports market NDs in implementing and refining new contracting
* Codifies and promotes best practices identified across different markets.
* Provides project-based support to market NDs on designing and
implementing service innovations. Works with NDs to codify modernizations
and execute effective changes to markets as appropriate.
* Develops new tools and strategies for Network management, such as
improved insight into claims data and tools to strengthen and manage
relationships with network partners.
* Researches and develops ways to improve comparisons and understand cost
drivers within and between markets.
* Builds relationships with payer staff that support and collaborate with
Network (e.g., Humana referrals approval team).
* Supports regional market NDs in their interaction with payers.
* Works with payers to improve richness and availability of data available
to support Network performance.
* Collaborates with CSE and BI to improve data insight available to market
* Works in partnership with the Referrals COE to improve support, processes
and execution of referrals.
* Uses expertise and role to advocate on behalf of Markets in company-wide
collaborations, strategy development or problem solving.
* Facilitates interactions with supporting COEs and Markets as required to
drive forward market performance (e.g., BI, CSE, IT).
* Supports and advocates relationships with key hospital divisions and
departments, ER units and ER alternatives (i.e. Urgent Care facilities).
* Generates standards for provider specialists medical records returns
* Champions engaging relationships with EMS and/or fire rescue personnel.
* Standardizes approaches to provider specialist contractor relationships
and evaluates onsite vs offsite specialists.
* Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager s discretio
* High business acumen and acuity
* Results-oriented individual with high personal accountability, high
energy and strong drive to develop him/herself while improving our
* Knowledge and experience in using data to drive results-orientated
performance and culture
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and openly with members
at all business levels
* Skillful in coaching, teaching and motivating; possesses management and
* Ability to operationalize great ideas through others and understand our
internal business culture
* Ability to adapt to situations either as a slow consensus builder or a
* Passion for helping to improve care for elderly patient populations
* Understanding of fundamental economics of healthcare and network costs;
understanding of value-based care
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to
present to Senior Executives and/or Board Members
* Maturity and personal leadership in working with and developing Market
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word,
PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing,
spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
* Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally, nationwide up to
60% of the time
* Spoken and written fluency in English
* This position requires use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who
is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again,
we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well!
This way you can stay informed and up to date on what s happening around ou
organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!