Dayton, Ohio-based Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit faith-based network of 9 hospitals, 10 emergency centers, over 120 outpatient facilities and the Kettering College. Nearly 13,000 employees and 2,100 physicians provide a broad range of specialized services for every stage of life, including heart care, cancer fighting technology, orthopedic care, brain and spine surgery. The mission, vision and values of the health network are built on the Adventist healthcare legacy, which is a combination of conventional allopathic and holistic osteopathic care. Being a healthcare professional who shares this belief, you can embark on your career journey here. Benchmarks of your employment will be recognition programs and award ceremonies, healthy work-life balance with flexible schedule and fitness options, staff involvement in meetings, surveys, referral programs and outings, as well as community involvement in events, tournaments and philanthropic projects.
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life of the people in the communities we serve through healthcare and education.? We are dedicated to excellence and to providing each individual the most appropriate care in the most appropriate setting.? In the spirit of Seventh-day Adventist healthcare ministry, we strive to be innovative and to convey God?s love in a caring environment.
The Middletown campus is designed and staffed to be a patient focused and team oriented environment.? While positions have specific job descriptions which define functions and qualifications, the expectation at Middletown is that jobs not requiring specific licensure, certification, experience, or technical skills can be done by anyone at any time to meet a need.
Based on this, below are additional requirements for all staff working at the Middletown Campus:
- Provides a caring, collaborative, and flexible environment in which patients receive care and staff find meaningful work
- Displays a willingness to assist co-workers
- Jobs that require specific licensure or certification will not be delegated to non-licensed/certified staff
- Staff asked to perform specific skilled tasks will be provided the necessary education and resources to do so
- All staff are expected to assist with the following as needed (not an all-inclusive listing):
- Visitor way-finding
- Answering phones
- Collecting trash
- Making beds
- Stocking supply cabinets
- Stocking linen cabinets
- Patient transport
- Wheelchair retrieval
- Patient Food and Refreshment
- The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care to patients in all settings in collaboration with other health care providers.
- The RN is accountable for his/her own professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law.
- Utilizing organizational resources the RN acts as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities.
- The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments
Applicants Must Have:?
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (ACEN or CCNE) if they are a new graduate nurse.
- Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred (must be completed within 5 years of hire). If hired after June of 2010, at KMCS, all other KHN facilities after Jan 2011.
- A nurse who is returning to the acute care setting after five or more years may be required to provide evidence of successful completion of a refresher course.
- BLS certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS as determined by unit scope of practice
**Sign-on bonus eligible to external candidates only
**Must be an experienced nurse with at least one year of RN experience in an acute care setting