Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a part time time RN Charge Nurse (12 hr shift 1 day shift? - 1 night shift)?to join our healthcare team at Leon County Jail in Tallahassee, FL.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health RN Charge Nurse
- Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, administers the nursing program in the Healthcare unit, directly supervises one shift and shares 24-hour responsibility for all nursing and paraprofessional personnel.
- Participates in the recruitment and orientation of new nursing personnel. Actively participates in in-service training programs and staff meetings.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Healthcare Unit; confers with Director of Nursing in matters of policy and program development.
- Schedules evaluation conferences for non-supervisory nursing personnel and participate in their performance evaluations on a regularly scheduled basis. Collaborates with physicians and other members of interdisciplinary team to develop and initiate health review.
- Supervises the preparation of records of nursing care and other treatments given to patients. Plans and supervises the implementation of various nursing care techniques. Supervises the emergency medical care given in accordance with written policies of facility.
- Serve as liaison between nursing staff and Director of Nursing to relay pertinent information, to serve as consultant with problem solving relative to improving health care delivery.
- Responsible for security of medications, supplies and equipment. Prepare and submit daily, monthly, and annual medical records and reports as requested to administrative staff.
- Attend staff and administrative meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health RN Charge Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- At least 3 years of experience as a nurse manager or similar. Previous experience in a correctional setting is preferred.
- Must have previous ICU/ER or charge nurse experience.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Medical Assistant
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.??