Fresenius Medical Care is a global service and product provider for people with chronic kidney failure with corporate headquarters in Bad Homburg v. d. Höhe, Germany, having its main office in Waltham, Massachusetts in the US. They treat more than 342,000 patients in more than 4,000 dialysis clinics worldwide in 150 countries, and they operate 42 production sites in more than 20 countries, to provide dialysis products such as dialysis machines, dialyzers and related disposables. Around 120,000 employees work for Fresenius Medical Care worldwide. You can be a good fit for the company if you are a healthcare professional with complex problem-solving skills, who can think outside the box, who are ready to manage diverse projects and be part of international assignments, in a multicultural team. You can explore career opportunities in the fields of IT, Engineering, Medicine / Nursing, Science, and Business / Economics. In return to your commitment, they will reward you with work-life balance options such as part-time positions, opportunities to work from home and assistance with child care; and in addition to salary, you can benefit from a variety of financial incentives such as profit sharing, retirement plans and financial assistance with child care.
Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team as a Staff Registered Nurse to ensure provision of quality patient care on a daily basis in accordance with FMS policies, procedures, and training. Supports the FMCNA commitment to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and CQI Activities, including those related to patient satisfaction and actively participates in process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMCNA Quality Enhancement Goals (QEP).
Supports the FMCNAs mission, vision, values, and customer service philosophy. Adheres to all requirements of the FMCNA Compliance Program, and FMS patient care and administrative policies.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Ensures educational needs of patients and family are met regarding End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Provides ongoing education to patients regarding their renal disease, vascular access and dialysis therapy, and other related health conditions
- Discusses with patient, and records education related to diet/fluid and medication compliance
- Provides patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where applicable - Online Clearance Monitoring (OLC), Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP), Urea Kinetic Modeling (UKM)
- Ensures transplant awareness, modality awareness, and drive catheter reduction
- Educates patients regarding laboratory values and the relationship to adequate dialysis therapy, compliance with treatment schedule, medications, and fluid
- Dialysis Treatment:
- Provides safe and effective delivery of care to patients with ESRD
- Implements accurate treatment prescriptions including Sodium (Na) modeling prescription, and Ultrafiltration modeling (where appropriate) to ensure stable treatment therapy as indicated
- Assesses patients response to hemodialysis treatment therapy, making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment plan as indicated by the prescribing physician. Communicates problems or concerns to the Team Leader or physician.
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to Team Leader or physician
- Initiates Initial and Annual Nursing Assessment, and ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient care needs according to FMC Policies and Procedures
- Participates in the pre evaluation, initiation, monitoring, termination, access homeostasis, and post evaluation of patients receiving hemodialysis treatment therapy according to established FMC procedures
- Identifies and implements appropriate intervention for changes in patient adequacy status and troubleshooting access flow issues as identified by OLC/AMP yellow lights
- Provides, supervises (if applicable), and monitors hemodialysis access care according to established procedures.
- Implements, administers, monitors, and documents patient's response to prescribed intradialytic transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation by Patient Care Technician on the Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet
- Reviews, transcribes, and enters physician lab orders accurately into the Medical Information System
- Ensures appropriate preparation of lab requisitions for Spectra or alternate lab
- Ensures correct labs tubes are utilized for prescribed lab specimens and that lab draw and processing procedures are performed appropriately for all lab samples
- Identifies and ensures appropriate follow-through regarding missed labs and specimens reported to be insufficient according to company policies and procedures
- Ensures all specimens are appropriately packaged according to Department of Transportation (DOT) policies and procedures relating to shipment of blood or body fluid specimens and potentially hazardous material
- Ensures that all labs are directed and delivered to appropriate labs
- Reports alert/panic and abnormal labs results to appropriate physician
- Ensures lab results are forwarded to physicians as requested
- Ensures all relevant data including physician orders, lab results, vital signs and treatment parameters, and patient status are documented appropriately and entered into Medical Information System
- Ensures all appropriate patient related treatment data is entered into the Medical Information System
- Ensures all FMCNA policies regarding patient admission, transfer, and discharge are appropriately implemented
- Ensures and verify accuracy of Patient Care Technician documentation
- Initiates, documents, and completes ongoing Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports
- Completes monthly nurses'progress note
- Ensures patient medical records are complete with appropriate information, documentation, and identification on each page (Addressograph label is on all chart forms)
- Reviews transplant status and follows established procedure regarding appropriate action to be taken
- Completes patient care plans for new patients within the initial 30 days or any patients deemed unstable requiring monthly patient care plans
- Completes any long-term programs that are due
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or she is employed
- Education and Training qualifications per UltraCare CAP program requirements.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity