Established in the year 1908, AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Orlando, offers state-of-the-art medical care to families and the communities. With a shared vision, Christian mission, common values, and focus on whole-person health, it is committing to making communities healthier with a unified system. AdventHealth provides an environment that promotes health, healing, and relaxation. Above all, it offers the caring expertise of 80,000+ skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, physician practices, home health agencies, and outpatient clinics delivering individualized and holistic medical care. AdventHealth is an equal opportunity employer. Employees at AdventHealth have more than just a job - they have a calling, a purpose they share with everyone. The company dedicatedly helps its workforce grow both spiritually and professionally through the creation principles, which emphasize complete health. Thus, AdventHealth and its employees together help families and the communities heal their body, mind, and spirit.
Rehab Admission Clinical Liaison Inpatient Rehab Center
AdventHealth Winter Park seeks to hire Rehab Admission Clinical Liaison who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Nestled among the oak-shaded, brick-paved streets of one of the most picturesque hometowns in the country, AdventHealth Winter Park has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years. Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopedic Institute. Together with the community we serve, we're building a model of community health and wellness for generations to come.
AdventHealth Winter Park is the home to a new, 50 bed, state-of-of-the-art Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility which is scheduled to open in October of 2019. Advanced technologies and equipment are integrated into the care delivery model and physical design to optimize patient outcomes. Patients in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility receive aggressive therapy services and whole person care to assist them in restoring their capabilities and returning home. Each team member of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility is vitally important to the patients success through an integrated, whole-person approach to rehabilitative care. The AdventHealth Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility, founded in 1961, is accredited for Comprehensive, Stroke, and Brain Injury specialty programs through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilitates.
5/8s 4 Shifts Available:
Sunday thru Thursday - Orlando Campus
Saturday thru Tuesday - Orlando Campus
M-F Winter Park/East Orlando Campus
M-F Kissimmee/Celebration Campus
The Rehabilitation Admission Clinical Liaison is responsible for coordinating and assessing all activities related to the referral, evaluation, review and disposition of patients referred to the Rehabilitation Facility. Assisting in maintaining effective communication between the patient, caregiver, physician, contact person, admission office and the Rehabilitation Facility during the referral and admission process, fostering positive relationships. Adhering to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
* Professional competency as defined in competencies departmental policy and commitment to patient and partners oriented practice
* Strong communication skills
* Basic computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows (Preferred)
* Bachelors degree in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, or Physical Therapy and three years of experience as a nurse, occupational therapist or physical therapist, OR
* Associates degree in Nursing and five years of experience as a nurse
* Experience in a rehabilitation setting (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
* Current valid State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, or Physical Therapist
* CPR certification
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealths Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make It Easy, and Own It as outlined in the organizations Performance Excellence Program
* Establishes professional relationships with health care individuals and organizations that refer candidates for inpatient rehabilitation. Supports various clinical aspects of inpatient rehab care.
* Establishes and maintains methods of communications with referring and supporting health care individuals and organizations to ensure clear and concise exchange of necessary information in a timely manner.
* Effectively evaluates, assesses, and communicates patient candidacy for inpatient rehabilitation.
* Initiates clinical evaluation of candidates within 24 hours of referral. Formulates and issues decisions regarding acceptance or denial of candidates in accordance with established admission criteria. Recommends treatment alternatives for those denied admission.
* Creates, coordinates and directs the tasks accomplished by personnel assigned to support this position.
* May conduct on-site visits with referring health care individuals and/or organizations for the purposes of: assessing candidates in those cases when on-site evaluation is deemed both necessary and practical and to introduce and/or review the various programs available at Rehabilitation Hospital.
* Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities and changes in health care practices. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
* Willingly adjusts and adapts to changes in workload by altering working hours to assist in other areas as approved and observed by manager / director.
* Practices principles of employee and patient safety when performing daily job activities via observation.
* Utilizes knowledge of growth and development for assigned patient age population. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior, motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Interprets data relative to patient age. Modifies approach and communication skills appropriate to the patient served, which may include: Neonate/Infant (birth < 1), Pediatric (1 < 12 yrs), Adolescent (12 < 18 yrs), Adult (18 < 65 yrs) and Geriatric (65 yrs).
* Complies with AH Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies, and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payors as evident through documentation reviews, tracers and rounds results.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Rehab Admission Clinical Liaison opportunity with Winter Park and apply online today.
Clinical Liaison, IP Rehab, Winter Park
**Organization:** **AdventHealth Central Florida*
**Title:** *Rehab Admission Clinical Liaison - Inpatient Rehab*
**Requisition ID:** *281017*