Hanmi Bank is a banking service with headquarters located in California. Its mission is to provide quality financial services to its customers. They are business experts and aids the small business to grow and succeed. It provides a wide range of products that include SBA lending, real estate lending, equipment leasing, specialty lending, and treasury management. IT offers mobile banking, online banking, order checks, banking forms, e-statement services. It also provides personal and business checks, savings, and debit cards. It is offering career opportunities for the BSA analyst, service associate, loan funder, branch manager, risk analyst, loan underwriter, and other positions.
This position is responsible for managing and developing a portfolio of new and expanding existing productive and profitable relationship with clients with emphasis on business and industrial companies ranging from complex credits to deposit only relationships through external business development calls and referrals. This position is ultimately responsible for all aspects of the client experience ranging from credit needs to customer service and operations.
Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act), Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act) Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd Frank Act), Elder Abuse Laws, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of private, business and/or industrial clients ranging from complex credits to deposit only relationships. Acts as lead negotiator with prospects & clients.
- Grows revenue by successfully prospecting for new business and retaining and expanding existing client relationships via interest income, fee income and/or cash management revenue.
- Identifies and sells appropriate bank products and services to those prospects and clients.
- Builds strong relationships with referral sources, centers of influence, etc.
- Analyzes the client's financial and operating strategies and recommends alternative or additional financial services to best meet the client's immediate and long-term personal and business needs.
- Gathers financial information and analyzes potential customers’ and customers’ creditworthiness and financing requirements.
- Structures credits jointly with Credit Officers and Department Managers.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- Achieves sales and service goals by utilizing effective sales practices to sell bank products, implementing effective customer service techniques, referring customers to appropriate business partners, and resolving customer issues as they arise.
- Responds to and anticipates clients’ financial needs, solving problems and following through with exceptional service that provides a differentiated customer experience that supports our value proposition.
- Proactively sources, acquires and expands high value customer relationship by maximizing sale and service opportunities.
- Minimizes problem credits and/or delinquencies by maintaining high credit standards, good documentation procedures and timely collection efforts.
- Meets with customers on a regular basis to enhance the trusted advisor relationship and become a trusted advisor ensure business needs are being met.
- Responds to incoming emails and telephone calls in a professional manner to ensure that the client requests are met in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and coordinates documents for client meetings and presentations.
- Refers opportunities to segment partners where appropriate.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, and Accounting or related major required from an accredited college or university; or 3+ years in sales or relationship management; Work related experience must consist of banking, financial services and/or client management. Knowledge of financial analysis, risk evaluation, loan documentation and commercial loan experience.
- Speaking, reading and writing in Korean is a plus.
- Ability to deliver bilingual customer service in Korean, Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Spanish is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of various phases of sales management, including planning, goal setting, project/time management and selling techniques.
- Excellent business development and client relationship skills.
- Detail orientated with exceptional sales and analytical skills.
- Requires the ability to create and conduct presentations and prepare final proposals for qualified prospects as a final step in establishing financial relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, mainframe computer system, word processing, typing and spreadsheet software programs to meet the needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. This position does not qualify for H1B Visa, STEM OPT, or other work study or employer sponsorship Visa programs.