Middle East Broadcasting Networks is a news organization in North Africa and the Middle East that delivers its content in the Arabic Language. The organization comprises two major television networks - Alhurra-Iraq and Alhurra; Maghreb Voices.com, Sawa radio, Irfaasawtak.com among other social media platforms. Middle East Broadcasting Networks enjoy an audience of over 27.5 million people in a week across the regions. The organization’s mission is to further opinions, ideas, and available perspectives in media across the Middle East and North Africa. The Company’s vision is to provide accurate, objective, and relevant information and news to accurately American policies, Americans, and America. Middle East Broadcasting Networks promotes values of freedom and democracy. When working with the organization, the compensation is always good, and importantly the organization offers a work-life balance. The organization's Employee benefits include vacation policy, retirement benefit, and insurance benefits.The job opportunities are Broadcast Technician, Broadcast Engineer, IT Specialist – TV Broadcasting and many more.
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking an inquisitive Researcher to pursue investigative projects for MBN in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit, multimedia broadcaster that provides news and information to audiences in the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio and digital properties.
The researcher is responsible for providing timely and accurate information to the Investigative team. The incumbent must maintain an updated schedule of topics for each episode; identify and supply newsworthy information (i.e. videos, archive, stills, websites, social media sites, etc.) and credible sources to the reporters of the Investigative Unit.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Researcher include, but are not limited to:
* Researching background information and providing facts to the Investigative Unit reports.
* Preparing work material for the investigative reports.
* Monitoring and maintaining an updated schedule topics by episode.
* Developing, monitoring and maintaining a project plan/schedule for all investigative reports.
* Contributing with ideas for investigative reports.
* Translating Arabic/English scripts and supporting documentation
* Assisting in the general workflow of the Investigative Unit whenever assistance is needed (i.e. translation, conducting interviews, etc.)
Candidates are required to have:
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted.
* 5 years' experience in television.
* Fluency in Arabic and English.
* Knowledge of the Middle East political and cultural affairs is essential.
* Ability to work under pressure, and provide quick turnaround against high-pressure deadlines.
* Excellent time management & self-discipline skills.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.