We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest. We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences. We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones. " Thank you.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at . - file home/JOBTARGET/j.ensong/casperjs-casperjs-b5c59e1/bin/ Please put Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
New York City
What is a Returnship?
A Returnship is an opportunity for professionals who have not been in the workforce for at least two years due to child-care, family care, and other life events, to transition back into a professional setting. Participants of the Returnship will go through a 3 month paid program to gain experience back in the workforce. The Returnship program will run fromSeptember 24th, 2019 to December 13th, 2019.
Who Is Eligible?
This program would be open to anyone who has been out of the workforce for two or more years and are ready to return. This includes:
* Parents returning to workforce
* Long term caregivers for sick or elderly family who are returning to work
* Long term unemployed
Media Sales Returnship Associate is a developmental level sales position that will focus on the prospecting of new and lapsed clients. Through industry and sector research, this role will work to create sales pitches for potential new advertising partners to grow accounts. The Media Sales Returnship Associate will help grow these new accounts into larger, more frequent advertisers. Once developed into a larger, more strategic accounts to be managed by Client Partners.
* Compile research on new business opportunities including lapsed accounts and inbound business
* Identify and develop new advertisers
* Build relationships and develop a significant account list of advertisers and agencies through cold calls, trade networking events, and leads generated by Associates or Demand Generation team.
* Develop and manage sales pipeline
* Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls
* Maintain a spreadsheet of active accounts and revenue forecasts.
* Develop industry expertise and provide sales team with updates on current trends, news, competitive analysis and advertising opportunities.
Skills & Experience
* Experience in an account management role.
* Strong prospecting, presentation, and selling skills.
* A consultative approach and the ability to comfortably liaise both internally and externally
* Previous experience supporting sales representatives with a large book of business or personally maintaining accounts.
* A demonstrated ability to grow new and more transactional accounts
* Proven ability to assist in the development of complex print and digital campaigns
* Demonstrated success exceeding sales quotas and goals.
* Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is needed.
* A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential.