United Natural Foods is a Rhode Island, US based company in the food industry. Providing the customers with proper quality, quantity, and variety of groceries and food item is the goal of this comany. Already expanding to several states, the mission of this company is to grow nad provide the same, if not, better quality service to the customers. This company provides other related services such as marketing, order delivery, e-commerce, merchandising, mobile ordering and many more. This company provides five categories of employment. Corporate, Supply chain and warehouse management, Driver, Retail and Pharmacy. Students and part-time job seekers are also welcomed to apply for several of these posts.
Risk Safety Manager - Chesterfield, NH
The RiskSafety Manager helps operations teams deliver on a critical UNFI
value: Do theRight Thing Put Safety and Integrity at the Forefront of
Everything We Do. This role is responsible for leading the DistributionCenter
in a fast-paced and complex environment and has responsibility acrossthe
building for creating a world class safety culture in which UNFI associatesare
proactive when it comes to safety. That means we look out for our own safety
and we look outfor each others safety always. Thisrole is a both a subject
matter and cultural expert on safety in ourDistribution Centers and supports
the day to day operations on all aspects ofrisk/safety.
As akey member of the Risk/Safety leadership team, you will:
* Be a champion of promoting, communicating, and enforcingwarehouse safety, fleet safety, environmental safety, food safety, and lossprevention & security programs. Be a cultural ambassador of safety andensure that all associates, visitors, and vendors understand the Companyscommitment to providing a safe workplace.
* Be a key advisor to the Operations Leadership team sothey understand weaknesses, deficiencies, and challenges within our safetyculture and collaborate with leadership to address these issues.
* Be and stay current with all State, Federal, and localregulatory agencies to ensure compliance regarding local DC operations.
* Be on the floor of the Distribution Center so that youhave a deep understanding of what is occurring within your building on allshifts on all days so you can be an effective safety leader.
* Provide (and develop as needed) new hire safety trainingprograms with a strong focus on Warehouse Safety, Fleet Safety, and Food Safety. Ensure all training is completed on-time.
* Develop,facilitate and coordinate engaging refresher and new training programs
* Consistently drive and execute innovation for safetymessaging, development of safety culture, and nurture the belief that safety isand should always be everyones top priority.
* Oversee the effectiveness of the workers compensationprogram and partner with all members of the Distribution Center leadership toreduce the overall injury rate.
* Create, maintain and monitor a culture where all DCmeetings, particularly pre-shift meetings, start with a meaningful discussionof safety (i.e., a safety moment).
* Leadpost-accident investigations and train and support others in effective andup-to-date accident investigation practices.
* Monitor(and report and address noncompliance) adherence to the DCs safety programs,practices, policies and procedures that cover a wide range of Company andRegulatory agency required activity.
* Stronglyfocus on Powered Industrial Truck safety including ensuring policies are inplace and followed, equipment is well-maintained, and drivers are trained andobserved on a continuous basis
* Representthe Company's interests as directed and approved at regulatory agencyproceedings
* Develop,request and review accident reports to develop and share insights and trendswith the Distribution Center leadership.
* Ensureall emergency action plans are in place, understood, and practiced includingevacuations, fire drills, and other emergencies.
* Implementcorporate directives related to and including ergonomic observations, hazardassessments, approved practices, data analysis and metrics analyses
* Managethe employee return-to-work program and medical case management programs
* Coordinateservices of the workers compensation claims administrator, and property andliability insurance carriers.
* Analyzefactors that may create accidents, accident conditions, or enables multipleaccidents; creating charts, graphs, and communications to site Leadershipcalling out such factors.
* Ensure that the Distribution Centers Safety Committeeis well-staffed, has engaging and interactive meetings, executes on meaningfulactivities, focuses on accident prevention and has an important and recognizedvoice at the Distribution Center. Responsible for ensuring the national ammoniaProcess Safety Program is in place and effective within the DC (if applicable)including 100% partnership with the Maintenance/Facilities leadership.
* Coordinate incident investigations and ensure allincidents (no matter how small) get reported and investigated along withrecommendations tracked until completion.
* Performs other job duties as required.
* B.S. in Safety or Science/Engineering(preferred)
* SQF Practitioner
* HACCP Certified
* ASP/CSP preferred
* 5to 10 years in administering safety programs within a DC or manufacturing site
* Demonstratedability to drive safety culture improvements
* Experiencein WC, AL and GL claims
* System Implementation Preferred
* Strong background inwarehouse/distribution safety
* Knowledge of applicable OSHA, DOT, EPA& FDA rules and regulations
* Broad working knowledgeof federal, state, and local safety, health, environmental, and worker'scompensation laws and regulations
* Knowledge of medical,legal and hazardous chemical terminology
* Knowledge of security protocols
* Strong training and coaching skills
* Ability to work flexible hours(including regular observations and interaction with 2nd, 3rd,and weekend shifts)
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven ability to effectivelycommunicate with all levels of associates from front-line colleagues to theGeneral Manager.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protectedveteran status. UNFI is an EO employer
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAAFederal Contractor.
Primary Location: New Hampshire-Chesterfield
Work Locations: Organization: United Natural Foods, Inc.
Job Posting: Jan 27, 2020