Adventist HealthCare is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, serving Maryland and Washington D.C. The team of dedicated professionals work together to improve the health and well-being of people and communities through a ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. They strive to convey this mission by living the organization’s core values of respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship. If you are ready to move your career forward with Adventist HealthCare, you will find open positions in the fields of allied health, home health, mental health, nursing, and professional and supportive services. When joining the team, you will enjoy benefits, continuing education opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN, Care Manager (Home Health) who:
Provides excellent patient care by assisting in collaboration, development, implementation, revision and reporting of the case management program. Acts as a liaison between the patient, family, nurse, physicians, multidisciplinary team and patient's healthcare benefactor to optimize outcomes. Serves as a consultant to the healthcare team on specific patient items.
* Leads the coordination of patient care with other disciplines within the care team, monitoring the appropriateness and timeliness of care.
* Ensures the interdisciplinary care plan is consistent with the patient's clinical course, continuing care needs and covered services by monitoring diagnostic testing, treatments and procedures, and other aspects of patient care as appropriate for acute care.
* Discusses with physicians, the appropriateness of resource utilization, consultations, treatment plan, estimated length of stay and discharge plan. Focuses on complex patients, frequent emergency department utilizers, chronic pain and substance abuse patients, and homeless patients. Collaborates with acute care case managers to ensure appropriateness on ongoing care.
* Coordinates the transfer of patients to tertiary centers, including the transfer of patient information required for continuity of ongoing treatment and services.
* Provides oversight and collects data required for regulatory/accreditation compliance. Manages frequent emergency department visitors by conducting a focus study review of the previous and current admissions.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
* Experience in a care management role: Preferred
* Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice: Required
* Case management certification: Preferred