Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our healthcare team at Polk County Jail located in Bartow, FL.
Corizon Health offers Registered Nurses a unique opportunity to maximize the full spectrum of their nursing skills within an ambulatory care setting. Enjoy the variety of correctional healthcare, where nurses benefit from an environment that is different with every patient, every day.
Corizon Health Nurses thrive in a niche environment featuring a variety benefits such as:
- Lower acuity
- Significant advancement and growth opportunities
- Manageable assignments
- Increased variety
- Deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Registered Nurses.
- In accordance with local practice acts and regulations, delegate and ensure supervision of nursing activities and functions to other competent nursing personnel appropriate to their scope of practice.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of care delivered; works to ensure a safe environment for themselves, the patient and other staff members.
- Acts as a patient advocate that promotes the quality of health care delivered in the facility and serve as a leader at all times to promote best practices within the profession of nursing.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Registered Nurse
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health. Keywords: Correctional Nurse, Location: Mulberry, FL - 33860