Adventist HealthCare is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, serving Maryland and Washington D.C. The team of dedicated professionals work together to improve the health and well-being of people and communities through a ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. They strive to convey this mission by living the organization’s core values of respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship. If you are ready to move your career forward with Adventist HealthCare, you will find open positions in the fields of allied health, home health, mental health, nursing, and professional and supportive services. When joining the team, you will enjoy benefits, continuing education opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission. Located in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills, Adventist Health Sonora is proud to care for its community, and features an extraordinary medical team of world-class physicians and specialists, top-notch medical technology, caring professionals, and award-winning quality-all in the heart of California's "Gold Country". Winner of the CALNOC Performance Excellence Award three years in a row, Adventist Health Sonora is committed to delivering exceptional care and offers outpatient and inpatient services including total cancer care, diagnostic imaging, heart and vascular care, orthopedics, and more. Just 50 miles northeast of Modesto, Sonora is seated in Tuolumne County, ripe with countless scenic and recreational opportunities for all ages including a historic downtown, numerous hiking and biking trails, lakes, camp sites, and year round festivals, which abound in this community.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN, Navigator, Breast Health who:
Acts as a patient advocate. Guides patients through the clinical care system, establishing contact with new patients and/or family members, or caregivers. Understands the clinical care options for patients and directs them to healthcare services within the organization, at outside facilities and within the community for timely treatment and recovery. Actively identifies and addresses population and patient specific barriers to care that might keep the patient from receiving timely and appropriate treatment. Connects patients with resources, healthcare and support services in their communities. Supports the physician and interdisciplinary team in facilitating patient care with the underlying objective of enhancing the quality of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. Implements day-to-day care management interventions for identified clinic patients.
* Assists patient and family in identifying and accessing appropriate institutional and community resources. Implements appropriate care intervention and follow-up to ensure patients receive timely care, preventing delays and access to appropriate services and follow up instructions from managing physicians. Interacts with other hospital departments in fulfilling the needs of the patients.
* Makes initial and ongoing assessments of patient needs (clinical, emotional and social) and makes appropriate recommendations or referrals for care. Facilitates the timely completion and confidential reporting of diagnostic testing results to patients and families with interpretation, as well as to ordering clinicians through active tracking of ordered tests.
* Collaborates with the team of patient, family, and healthcare providers in providing patient care in a safe, healing, humane, and caring environment. Provides learning opportunities for patients/family members and team members. Directly provides health information to patients, families, and treatment team.
* Documents coordinator and patient interactions in electronic or hardcopy chart in a manner consistent with hospital standards. Creates reports from patient data such as volumes and outcomes. Monitors, analyzes, and reports to clinic governing body clinical and operational key indicators and identifies opportunities for performance improvementAssists research nurses and oncologists with accruing eligible patients to clinical trials. Performs duties relevant to clinical trials including obtaining informed consent and patient instruction regarding study design and purpose. Assesses and documents clinical trial patient's physiological and psychological condition as required by research protocol. Complies with clinical trial protocols regarding data collection and coordination of direct clinical care.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
* Oncology nursing experience: Preferred
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certified: Preferred
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN): Preferred
* Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Required