Zeiss is a private Technology enterprise operating in field of optics and optoelectronics. Their main services are developing, producing, and distributing optical equipment. There main office is located in Wuerttemberg Germany. They have 31000 employees working at different locations. Their estimated annual revenue in 7 billion USD per year. Their main competitors are Leica, Essilor, Nikon, Leica microsystems, TAMRON and Hoya vision care North America. They are looking for individuals who are team player and have innovative spirit, death, and want to share knowledge and gather as much experience as possible. They have employment opportunities in research and development, digital innovation, sales and services, project management and production departments.
Come join our family and be part of a team of individuals who enjoy excellent health and retirement benefits, competitive pay, a clean, comfortable, air-conditioned work environment, and co-workers who enjoy working and learning together as a team. If the safety & security of employees is a top priority for you in a Manufacturing Environment and you have the ability to work/communicate with people at various levels from Sr. Leadership to Production, please apply today!
* Coordinate site specific environmental compliance programs related to hazardous wastes, air permitting, water pollution control, and other programs and permits applicable to business operations
* Provide assistance in researching and writing permit applications and fulfilling reporting requirements as needed
* Complete and prepare for filing all reports mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency for assigned location
* Act as primary point of contact for onsite interactions with regulatory agencies
Health & Safety
* Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace;
* Conduct and coordinate facility inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices
* Assist in compiling, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting exposure and hazard data
* Assist in the preparation of recommendations for corrective actions to eliminate or minimize potential or existing hazards
* Provide guidance and direction at the employee/supervisor level to ensure a common approach to compliance with safety policies
* Coordinate employee participation activities such as local safety committee, emergency responders, and related programs
* Facilitate new team member occupational EH&S orientation
* Facilitate specialized training programs to communicate hazard control information/practices (ie. Lockout/Tagout)
* Execute all safety-related programs/policies/procedures
* Update and maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) program
* Maintain effective preventative safety programming (ie. hearing, footwear, eyewear, respiratory protection, etc.)
* Coordinate all procedures relating to fire and chemical safety (storage, container labeling, personal protective equipment, etc.)
* Document and investigate employee injuries, prepare written reports and make specific recommendations to prevent reoccurrences.
* Monitor employee injury status, light duty and return to work programs.
* Coordinate post-accident drug testing and corrective action procedures with Human Resources
* Identify and participate in available workers' compensation premium discount and grant funding programs
* Identify and elevate issues and policy/procedural discrepancis to Corporate Safety Manager, as well as, facilitate periodic corporate safety meetings
* Assist in the development and execution of strategic policy deployment goals pertaining to EH&S initiatives as needed and requested
* Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
* Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
* Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences or related field, or 5+ years of equivalent work experience
* 2+ years experience in an EH&S coordination/leadership role in a manufacturing environment
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, for audiences at all levels of the organization
* Ability to lead and direct teams and/or committees.
* Ability to work at all levels within the organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group.
* Knowledge or training in standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and standards.
* Demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training.
* Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* Physical Requirement include: standing for long periods of time, and lifting up to 50 lbs
* Willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
In addition to competitive wages, NMG is proud to offer a retirement savings plan with company matching opportunity, excellent health and wellness benefits including a $350 annual wellness allowance for assistance with personal health and fitness goals, can earn up to 4 weeks paid-time off, on the job training, education assistance and variety of other supportive programs to meet our team members needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)