Cincinnati-based Mercy Health (formerly Catholic Health Partners) is a faith-based healthcare provider with over 500 points of care, including 23 hospitals across Ohio and Kentucky, employing 34,000 staff members. Their core services feature primary care and family medicine, heart and vascular care, orthopedics, sports, medicine and spine care, cancer care and oncology. Mercy Health offers a wide variety of opportunities for physicians and advanced practitioners as well as for nurses. You can be contracted full-time or part-time and can enjoy the compensation package which includes components such as medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending or health reimbursement accounts, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life and accident insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, retirement savings plans, tuition reimbursement, and discounted fitness memberships.
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
It is the Safety Companion responsibility to supervise patients who require direct physical observation. It is expected that safety issues will be monitored and reported to the nursing caregivers.
Provides direct observation of patients who require constant attention.
* Reports to the nursing staff.
* Follows hospital dress code which includes wearing a name badge.
* Follows hospital sitter guidelines.
* Identifies signs of patient distress
For behavioral restraints or seclusion, must also understand the following:
* Causes of the threatening behavior exhibited by the patients
* Sometimes this behavior can be related to a medical condition
* How staff behaviors can effect patient behaviors
* De-escalation, mediation, self-protection and other techniques
* How to recognize physical distress in patients in restraints or seclusion
* Recognize when to seek staff assistance
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED AND/OR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Graduate or GED equivalent
* Must be 18 years or older
* All sitters must maintain yearly training requirements.
* American Heart Association BLS/CPR Certification, required
Hours: Part-Time, 24 hours weekly
Shift: Nights, 7:00pm - 7:00am
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
* Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
* Prescription drug coverage
* Flexible spending accounts
* Life insurance w/AD&D
* An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
* Paid time off
* Educational Assistance
* And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Nights (United States of America)
Patient Care Companions - Anderson
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com