New York & Company is a subsidiary of RTW Retailwinds, a specialty women's omni-channel and digitally enabled retailer with a powerful multi-brand lifestyle platform providing curated fashion solutions that are on-trend, and stylish at a great value. New York & Company branded merchandise is sold exclusively at its 413 retail and outlet locations in 35 states while growing a substantial eCommerce business. RTW Retailwinds portfolio includes branded merchandise from New York & Company, Fashion to Figure, Happy x Nature, and collaborations with Eva Mendes, Gabrielle Union and Kate Hudson.
OVERVIEW: The SL supports the Store Management team in ensuring the service and selling environment within the store is fun and engaging for customers at all times. The SL performs a variety of responsibilities assigned by the Store Management team which may include driving sales, delivering outstanding customer service, merchandising, cashiering and processing freight. The SL will be expected to follow opening and closing procedures when applicable and will hold store keys.
- Execute in-store business strategies to drive sales results and achieve individual and store goals in line with Company initiatives; Demonstrate business acumen and understanding of Company reporting
- Follow plans/directions/schedules and act with a sense of urgency to meet the changing priorities, store needs and demands of the business
- Effectively promote all brand initiatives, including credit, to achieve individual and store goals
- Set a performance example for Sales Associates to improve key metrics and drive sales
The Sales Lead is not a member of Store Management, but will fulfill the following leadership responsibilities:
- Reinforce the talent strategy to support a high-performing and engaged store team accountable for results
- Support Sales Associates onboarding and training; Provide Sales Associates with in-the-moment feedback and coaching on selling behaviors, customer service, operational tasks, merchandising, etc.
- Support the ongoing development of the Sales Associates by providing feedback to Store Management on individual and team performance during shifts; refer all formal talent decisions (hiring, scheduling, corrective action/performance management, termination, etc.) to Store Management
- Support a store culture that is committed to exceeding customer expectations and delivering the highest level of customer service at all times
- Communicate customer feedback, best sellers, business trends and recommendations to Store Management
- Apply fashion knowledge to make product recommendations and style customers on the sales floor and in the fitting room
- Balance customers and tasks simultaneously using good judgment and teamwork
- Maintain merchandise standards to maximize sales within the store and escalate issues accordingly
- Support the visual presentation execution, including floor set and promotional updates
- Maintain the sales floor so that it is full, sized, organized and clean and the backroom is to brand standard
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures, including the New York & Company Code of Business Conduct and Loss Prevention policies
- Participate in initiatives to achieve store shrink goals in partnership with Store Management
- Maintain proper floor coverage to meet business needs
- Maintain store safety standards and report store maintenance issues to Store Management as needed
- Perform transactions including ringing at the Sales & Services desk, processing shipment, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 2 years of retail sales experience and previous key holder experience preferred
- Physical ability to be on the sales floor for extended periods of time, and to move and handle merchandise and fixtures throughout the store which may entail lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, based on business needs
- Strong leadership presence, fashionable, passionate, acts with integrity, driven, accountable and a team player
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
As an equal opportunity employer, RTW - Retailwinds does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, gender, sexual orientation, genetic disorder, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RTW - Retailwinds only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Prometric Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability