The Platform Engineer is a subject matter expert for all things related to our Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) email platform. As someone who loves technology, you can speak at length about a broad range of email- and web-related topics to technical and non-technical audiences alike. Your Merkle coworkers love having you on their projects because you pick up new tech quickly; you provide accurate work estimates and keep your commitments, even under tight deadlines; and because you build solutions for the long term. And, let s face it, you understand that life isn t all about work, and you are fun to have around the office.
- Develop and own the services that are critical to the success of our email clients, including email triggers/automations, web pages, platform configuration, data feeds, SQL queries, and other various components needed to run complex automated email campaigns.
- As one of our email platform subject matter experts, provide remarkable support to our clients and internal teams by working through issues in a timely and efficient manner, and coming up with ways to prevent issues from recurring.
- Come up with ways to make us better, whether this involves a process change, configuration change, or new code in our set of Python-based internal tools.
- Display a true passion for email marketing and web technologies. Understand what things we re not doing today but should be and own the solution that gets us there.
- Stay on top of our email platform s product roadmap and constantly be on the lookout for ways to help the team deliver world-class email services.
- A love of web- and email-related technology.
- Ability to deliver a high quality of work, with minimal supervision, to Fortune 500 clients. You do things right the first time and are used to being trusted upon to build the best possible solution in a reasonable timeframe.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Extremely proactive and highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple, complex projects and issues.
- In-depth experience with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud email platform or another ESP platform like Responsys or Adobe.
- 1-2+ years experience in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or comparable technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable technical abilities.
Merklefosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.