Our Vision – To be the best Native organization in Alaska for our shareholders.
Our Purpose – To optimize financial benefits, land use and preserve our culture for the well-being of our shareholders.
Shareholder Development’s primary goal is to improve Shareholder’s quality of life through increased employment opportunities. Afognak Native Corporation currently provides a myriad of initiatives designed to accomplish Shareholder Development's primary goal. The initiatives include:
Shareholder Employment Supports - Outreach for shareholder hire, the shareholder talent bank database, and intern and apprentice programs.
Shareholder Training - Information regarding the types of training and scholarships available to shareholders, descendants and shareholder employees, including the Future Leaders Outreach Program.
Shareholder Business Supports - The Shareholder owned business directory and additional support services for shareholder's that own businesses.
This position requires the Systems Engineer to provide technical program support by developing training curriculum for use in PDL, SEED, SECP and TMT programs and any other identified ETD program. This work will be done in collaboration with program evaluator, program managers, and key stakeholders (subject matter experts, management/supervisors, steering committees, flight project/program managers, etc.)
- Develop new training content as needed:
- Articulate the current state, end state, and gap to which the training solution is targeted
- Conduct needs analyses, validate training needs, and identify new or modify existing learning objectives at a level appropriate for, and tailored to, the specific target population
- Responsible for designing training material for adult learners with technical back- grounds for various subject matter including technical, programmatic skills, and leadership
- Analyze the existing ETD Technical Development Programs and recommend and implement improvements to learning objectives, content, implementation, and delivery method to maximize learning, retention, and implementation of material
- In partnership with program evaluator, review program evaluation results and implement recommended improvements for all technical programs
- Communicate and implement best practices/proven methods including latest research on curriculum design for adult technical learners into existing training material and into any new material developed
- Design and develop high-quality instructional materials and curricula for eLearning, mobile, and instructor-led blended courses targeting technical, programmatic, and leadership skillsets
- Determine the proper blend of instructor-led (classroom or virtual), eLearning, and hands-on practice activities to be used in a given solution
- Research and use innovative design methodologies such as case studies, engaging stories, motivating scenarios, immersive learning, video, and social media to reflect content, audience, and business needs
- Research new blended learning methods and recommend innovative approaches, tools, and technologies to deliver cutting edge learning solutions
- Develop and conduct presentations on curriculum and instructional design recommendations to clients and stakeholders as needed
- Review and provide presentation improvement strategies to program participants on their required presentations.
- Instruct leadership, team building, and networking training modules
- Facilitate educational panels on topics such as leadership, career path and lessons learned
- Facilitate portions of training programs including welcoming participants and presenters, managing classroom dynamics, keeping class on schedule etc.
- Brief Advisory and Steering Committees, as requested
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment, on multiple complex projects concurrently, and within specified timeframes
- Ability to think quickly, make sound decisions, and adapt to changing priorities
- Mature analytical skills, as evidenced by the ability to solve problems, identify improvement opportunities, and create effective action plans
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication, critical analysis and
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design models, logic models, iterative development processes, and evaluation methodologies (such as ISD, ADDIE, SAM, Bloom, HPI, Kirkpatrick, )
- Strong demonstrated ability to apply adult learning and instructional design theory and principles, and to identify and correct design issues according to design principles
- Experience developing curriculum for technical training programs and relevant experience designing, developing and delivering blended learning solutions (class- room, virtual, eLearning, mobile learning)
- Prefer previous experience in a product development environment; preferably in the aerospace field
- Familiar with current program curriculum topics including but not limited to: technical requirements development and management, risk identification and management, schedule and cost planning of engineering products; systems engineering discipline, and engineering disciplines; technical leadership, schedule and cost development and management
- Needs assessment report, training design report
- Learning objectives, as needed
- Course content, as needed including PowerPoint slides, handouts, case study examples and exercises, , as needed
- Facilitator and participant guides, presentations, handouts, job aids, eLearning courses, infographics, assessments, and other components, as required for the specific training need
- Monthly status report
Education and Experience Requirements:
- MS in Education, Curriculum Design or related field with a focus on adult learners
- 7+ years of instructional design and development experience
- Significant design and development experience and demonstrated ability in applying adult learning theory and iterative instructional design methodologies (i.e., Successive Approximation Model (SAM)), using a variety of innovative approaches.
- Experience consulting to business leaders, providing training design and development across multiple mediums (e.g. eLearning, video, instructor-led, virtual ILT).
- Experience managing third-party development vendors who produce training materials under NASA direction.
- This position will be co-located with the Technical Development Team at Goddard Spaceflight Center in Greenbelt, MD
- Candidate will be required to travel to Wallops Flight Facility located in Wallops Island, Virginia twice per year (or as needed).
Job Location Greenbelt, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular