Jacksonville, Florida-based Winn-Dixie, a subsidiary of Southeastern Grocers, operates a chain of retail self-service food and liquor stores and in-store pharmacies in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Winn-Dixie’s goal is to offer customers a store they can trust - delivering quality, service and value. The store operator believes that its people are the greatest asset. Winn-Dixie seeks innovative and energetic individuals to join the Support Center team, or to deliver pleasant shopping experience in its stores and pharmacies. If you can identify yourself with this purpose, the company will help you grow your skills and build a rewarding career.
Apply Job Title: Seasonal Associate
Location: Retail Grocery Location Position Overview
The seasonal front end associate is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing accurate, fast and courteous customer checkout, consistent operating conditions and a friendly atmosphere. Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Offer product suggestions when appropriate.
- Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Operate department equipment and tools.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to managment.
- Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
Environmental and Physical Demands Physical Requirements
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Ocassionally - 1-33%
Frequently - 34-66%
Regulary - 67-100% Physical demands
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk on tile or concrete, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear, smell and perform repetitive movements with both hands and/or both feet. The employee is frequently required to carry, push, or lift up to 100 lbs and pull up to 150 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to sit, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach at waist level or overhead, and climb up to 10 ft. Working Conditions
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee may be exposed to working in indoor, outdoor, cold, heated, and wet/humid working conditions. Safety Risk Factors
The employee is frequently required to twist back and/or neck, walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface, work with hazardous equipment and be exposed to sharp objects. The employee is occasionally required to be exposed to loud noise, skin irritants, nuisance dust, fumes and sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions and other toxins. Schedules
The employee is required to work varied schedules. Machines, Tools, Equipment, etc.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a scanner, scale, terminal, coupon dispenser, conveyor belt, bagging supplies, shopping carts and cleaning supplies and equipment.