Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, the Security Tools Engineer (Mainframe) will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and administration of security tools for U.S. Federal systems managed by IBM, specifically as they are applied to mainframe systems.
- The tools engineer will configure and manage security tools in compliance with Federal and Department of Defense requirements while also ensuring continued compliance for all devices.
- The Security Tools Engineer, Mainframe will work with the security operations center team to ensure security devices/tools are configured properly to monitor, track, and analyze mainframe networks/systems for potential security violations while also assisting in all such potential incidents.
- You will provide Information security subject matter expertise
- Administration / Management of Host Based Intrusion Prevention System
- Administration / Management of SIEM Tools
- Administration / Management of Vulnerability Analysis Tools
- Review updated STIG / hardening guidance and ensure all tools are configured in compliance with Federal requirements
IBM is hiring these positions to be located at our Rocket Center, West Virginia office (near Cumberland, MD). United States Citizenship, relocation to the Rocket Center area, and the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance are required.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.Benefits
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.Career growth
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. Corporate citizenship
With an employee population of 375,000i, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Host Based Intrusion Prevention system administration/management –2 Years Experience
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM) Tool administration – 2 Years Experience
- Vulnerability Scan Tools – 2 Years experience
- Intrusion Detection / Prevention administration – 2 Years
- Mainframe systems (e.g., z/OS)
- CompTIA Security+
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Trend Micro – 1 Year
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (HBSS) Administration – 1 Year
- QRadar administration/monitoring – 1 Year
- ACAS Security Center Vulnerability Scan Tools – 1 Year
- CISSP or CISM.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.