This position works with Chief Investment Officer, with a primary focus on market research, investment due diligence, and secondary engagement in providing solutions for prospective and existing portfolio companies, such as patent analysis, product development, vendor sourcing, etc. The analyst will gain in-depth exposure to venture investing and management as well as a variety of technology platforms and start-ups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Assure Elevate Ventures is in the strongest possible position to increase its operation effectiveness, influence, and likelihood that it can accomplish both its mission and move closer to realizing the organization’s vision.
- Investment Operations: Assist with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Market Research: Perform market research and competitive analysis of investment opportunities as applicable.
- Due Diligence: Assist with due diligence and transaction administration; generate and compile diligence reports and investment recommendations in consultation with Chief Investment Officer or other members of the investment team
- Financial Modeling: Support the evaluation of new opportunities and existing investments by providing financial, quantitative and valuation analyses
- Portfolio Company Support on a Limited Basis: Ensure portfolio compliance with Elevate’s reporting requirements, and provide strategic support to portfolio company growth through value-enhancing initiatives.
- Business Development and Intake: discover and nurture qualified investment leads through participating in marketing activities and providing advocacy for Elevate Ventures.
- Other: Other projects as needed on an ad-hoc basis and as guided by the Chief Investment Officer.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, business or in a science or engineering discipline
- 2-5 years of professional experiences
- Experience in private equity or entrepreneurial companies a plus
- Market research
- Information gathering and analyses
- Experience in generating thorough and quality reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highest personal integrity
- Entrepreneurial passion
- Critical thinking
- Analytical and good judgment
- Goal-oriented with strong project execution capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
At Elevate Ventures, we believe that communities and regions across Indiana can achieve more when they make entrepreneurism part of their DNA.
Indiana has a business environment ranked among the best in the world, and statewide leaders in business, education and government are increasingly interested in entrepreneurism’s potential to elevate quality of life and attract and retain talent in communities big and small. The moment to capitalize is now.
Elevate Ventures exists to create sustainable cultures and infrastructure across Indiana that support the ongoing development and success of entrepreneurs. Our vision is to be regarded as a critical guide, resource and community catalyst for developing high-performing, high-growth, Indiana-based businesses.