Luxus Build translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Senior Designer for our Orange County office. The Senior Designer is responsible for leading all design phases for interiors projects, establishes the vision, leads the team, and has extensive client interaction.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Develops overall design for project
• Directs staff to complete design and technical drawing
• Reviews design and technical drawing of other more junior designers
• Review of engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solution
• Works with technical staff to resolve inconsistencies in drawings
• Researches and selects fixtures and finishes to use for projects
• Obtain client approval and ensure integration into overall design
• Produces, reviews and finalizes space plans for projects
• Extensive knowledge of detailing and finalizes details on projects
• Develops and delivers overall design and furniture packages
• Reviews and produces final cost estimates
• In unusual circumstances may be required to assist with support for field surveys
• Manages overall design budget
• Ensures adherence to set budget and immediately informs PM and/or client of any potential variances to the budget
• Manages the work of other Designers
• Oversees tasks and provide feedback on work product
• Organizes and conducts client interviews to determine space needs and requirements
• Continues to provide needed information to client on design specifications; good working knowledge of Affinity program tool
• Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
• 8+ years' experience in corporate interior design projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of design principles and aesthetics
• Extensive knowledge of space planning methodology
• Extensive knowledge of furnishings and finishes
• Proficient with the concepts of furniture layout
• Expert sketching and rendering skills
• Expert interior architecture detailing skills
• Extensive knowledge of CDs and procedures
• Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
• Extensive knowledge of contract administration
• Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
• Advanced Revit skills
• Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
• Affinity Program skills or equivalent
• Extensive verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive presentation and graphic communication
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
• Working knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints
Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application
For the majority of the time the Senior Designer will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
This job was posted on Wed Feb 24 2021 and expired on Sun Mar 21 2021.
- Prepare scale drawings or architectural designs, using computer-aided design or other tools.
- Plan or design structures such as residences, office buildings, theatres, factories, or other structural properties in accordance with environmental, safety, or other regulations.
- Direct activities of technicians engaged in preparing drawings or specification documents.
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Meet with clients to review or discuss architectural drawings.
- Integrate engineering elements into unified architectural designs.
- Administer construction contracts.
- Consult with clients to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- Develop marketing materials, proposals, or presentation to generate new work opportunities.
- Develop final construction plans that include aesthetic representations of the structure or details for its construction.
- Conduct periodic on-site observations of construction work to monitor compliance with plans.
- Monitor the work of specialists, such as electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, interior designers, or sound specialists to ensure optimal form or function of designs or final structures.
- Plan layouts of structural architectural projects.
- Design or plan construction of green building projects to minimize adverse environmental impact or conserve energy.
- Represent clients in obtaining bids or awarding construction contracts.
- Design structures that incorporate environmentally friendly building practices or concepts, such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards.
- Perform predesign services, such as feasibility or environmental impact studies.
- Inspect proposed building sites to determine suitability for construction.
- Create three-dimensional or interactive representations of designs, using computer-assisted design software.
- Design environmentally sound structural upgrades to existing buildings, such as natural lighting systems, green roofs, or rainwater collection systems.
- Gather information related to projects' environmental sustainability or operational efficiency.
- Prepare operating and maintenance manuals, studies, or reports.
- Calculate potential energy savings by comparing estimated energy consumption of proposed design to baseline standards.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Geography - Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics, locations, interrelationships, and distribution of plant, animal, and human life.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Fine Arts - Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
Total job postings in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Consulting & Upper Management
Arts & Entertainment