Headquartered in San Francisco, California, and with offices spread across North America and Europe (London and France), Hired offer potential candidates, especially related to the I.T and software studies, to create a comprehensive profile so that companies can hunt you down and recruit you for long term or freelance roles. The company supports more than 50 roles in 14 locations across the world including remote job opportunities. Employers can sign-up at Hired to seek highly qualified candidates across various disciplines including Software engineering, Developer Operations (DevOps), Engineering Management, Project management, Qaulity Assurance, and other roles. Hired is a unique platform because it offers companies searching for new talent based on their profiles and requirements. For instance, companies can hire candidates based on his salary demand, skills, experiences, or they can test the candidate's abilities by sending them customized test tasks. Career openings at the company include account management, QA, and other roles.
Join Hired and find your dream job as a Senior Backend Engineer at one of 10,000+ companies looking for candidates just like you.
Companies on Hired apply to you, not the other way around. You’ll receive salary and compensation details upfront - before the interview - and be able to choose from a variety of industries you’re interested in, to find a job you’ll love in less than 2 weeks.
Being a senior backend engineer means that you are responsible for the construction and the efficiency of all the backend functionality for our website. You are crucial in getting a project off and running. As a senior backend developer, you can integrate user-facing elements created by frontend developers with server-side logic, as well as build libraries and reusable code for future use. Our engineers are ambitious, multifaceted and can work independently and in a team environment to get the job done.
- Using frameworks to build service-side software and integrate APIs and cloud computing
- Analyzing and compiling data, codes and processes to identify areas of improvement and resolve issues
- Work jointly with frontend developers along with other team members to set up objectives, as well as design cohesive, functional script
- Think strategically, creatively and innovatively using sound judgment and technical skills
- Strong understanding of programming techniques and tools, as well as the web development cycle
- Record data and report findings to the appropriate parties
- Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Create security settings, restore and back up technologies for databases and websites
- Work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities
These Would Also Be Nice
- 4+ years experience with backend web development
- 4+ years of experience building well tested high volume, large-scale, distributed systems
- Experience with programming languages like HTML, Ruby, PHP, Python, C# or Java
- Experience with creating REST APIs and version control like Git
- Experience with modern MVC frameworks such as Django, Rails, Pyramid, Flask, Sails and Laravel
- Experience application architecture stacks, including API layer, business logic, data modeling, hosting, network and UI/UX
- Superb communication, time management, analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Keep up-to-date with the latest advancements in technology
- B.S. in computer engineering, web development, computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience creating mobile applications using Objective-C, Swift or Android
- Experience with cloud development (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience doing unit testing with Virtual Machines
- Experience with Webpack