Hunter is a company that offers solutions to the problems of irrigation, outdoor, lighting, and custom molding industries. Its products are globally used and can be seen at stadiums, national landmarks, commercial complexes, and buildings. Its headquarters are in San Marcos CA. Its products and services include agricultural irrigation, custom manufacturing, and dispensing technologies. It visons to be always at customer first choice. The work values of hunters are Innovation, Family, and social responsibility. It provides a fun, friendly, and collaborative work environment to its employees. It seeks dedicated and self-driven employees.
We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you’re pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
About This Role:The Senior Business Systems Analyst partners with leadership and key stakeholders within the Hunter organization to understand their business needs and processes in order to design, develop and implement solutions that leverage new or existing enterprise applications and technology.Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:1. Responsible for collecting thorough business/operational, compliance, and integration (data/system) requirements that are defined and owned by various department subject-matter-experts (SMEs) and/or stakeholders.
2. Prepares proposals, business cases, and costs estimate for review with the leadership team and IT Steering Committee to enable effective decision making on the disposition of an initiative.
3. Continues to build upon an advanced level of systems and application process expertise to include implementation, configuration, integration, testing, rollout, and ongoing production support.
4. Evaluate current and future business needs to recommend applicable solutions to improve current processes, workflows, and usage of enterprise applications.
5. Develops and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business systems. These specifications should include business objective, process and workflow considerations, wireframes/mock-ups, templates, data scope/definitions/mapping, custom development requirements, configuration, and security requirements.
6. Become knowledgeable in the flow of data through the Hunter application environment to understand the inter-connectivity and dependencies.
7. Facilitates user acceptance testing (UAT) phases, including training on the processes for UAT. UAT should be designed to validate the application, related workflows and adjacent business process all meet stated requirements.
8. Adhere to established change management standards / procedures to ensure disciplined, controlled and well communicated changes to applications and systems.
9. Promotes and facilitates collaboration with business partner leadership teams, project stakeholders and team members, third party solution providers, etc.
10. Leverage accepted project management methodologies and tools to successfully lead solution implementations.
11. Conducts end-user training support as needed.
12. Maintains a consistent track record of timely and quality solution implementations.
13. Provides mentorship and cross training to other members of the team.
Other Job Functions:Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.Hunter Industries’ approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times. Employees are to immediately report all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor, Environmental Health& Safety Department, or Workers Compensation Manager. Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Education Required:Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
Experience Required:Minimum of eight years experience as enterprise application subject matter expert (SME), implementation business consultant or systems analyst.Minimum eight years functional application experience with the specified enterprise business application solution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):KSA #1: Advanced functional expertise as well as extensive experience in the implementation and configuration of the specified enterprise application.KSA #2: For applications with multiple modules, must have deep expertise in the majority of the core functionality, and a strong working knowledge of other integrated functions.KSA #3: Knowledge of business processes related to their application subject matter expertise, as well as have a solid understanding of other integrated applications.KSA #4: Excellent analytical skills with a strong understanding of business application technologies and systems processes.KSA #5: Experience supporting and implementing application solutions for a manufacturer or supply chain organization.KSA #6: Knowledge of project management methodologies and business system analysis techniques.KSA #7: Must be well disciplined, self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to work within a fluid environment. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to work within timelines.KSA #8: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to interact with members across the organization.KSA #9: Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with company leadership, key stakeholders and the end user community, department, and company employees.KSA #10: Ability to work as an implementation project leader or team member.KSA #11: Ability to travel domestically and internationally for site visits, training classes, meetings and conferences. Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:KSA #12: Experience in data analysis and reporting experience utilizing an industry leading business intelligence and analytics platform.KSA #13: Skills in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Object Management Workbench, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Functional Analyst, and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Development.KSA #14: MBA and / or other advanced degree
Physical Demands:Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Intermittent walking to gain access to work areas. Ability to climb stairs to gain access to work area. Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer long periods of time and to complete paperwork activities.Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer, to read written materials and to complete paperwork activities. Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals by telephone and in person. Ability to bend, lift and carry books, files and office supplies and other items weighing up to 30 pounds.
Work Environment:Office with carpeted floor and temperature controls. Production area with tile floor and temperature controls. Various inside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces. Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site:http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers