This position can be located in Lynchburg, VA or Norfolk, VA!
Responsible for procurement and functions directly associated with the inventory to maximize spend and ensure quality consistent with policy and performance standards. Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line (up to $5M annual sales) from new product introduction through product maturation to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives.
- Deliver industry leading service, while maintaining profitable inventory levels for the organization. This is an ongoing balancing act while considering the needs of our customers and sales team, as well as the boundaries of our financial and operations leaders.
- Daily replenishment and order generation for assigned vendor groups to maximize profitability by balancing carrying cost, ordering cost and transportation cost for 15 sales branches.
- Strategically manage advanced buying system parameters including forecasts, lead times, order cycles, service levels, lead times, and collaboratively maintain settings such as buying multiples and vendor minimums that touch other departments and partners.
- Success includes a constant inventory evaluation as well as category management direction considering the impact of slow moving / obsolete items.
- Coordinate with vendor partners to enhance our decision making in product changes, lead times, service and quality issues.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 to 5 years successful buying experience is preferred. Roofing product knowledge a plus.
- Strong understanding of inventory management / replenishment with purchasing software skills. E3 (JDA) experience is a plus.
- Computer skills required including Windows, Outlook and Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills, business math skills, accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a problem solver with a strong customer service focus.
- Travels as necessary for vendor, branch meetings, training, etc.
Are you looking for a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its employees? If so, NB Handy Company is the place for you!
Competitive pay • Health, dental and vision coverage • Life insurance • Accidental death and dismemberment coverage • Short- and long term disability insurance • 401(k) • Paid time off (PTO) • 8 holidays per year
Come join our successful team!