At Blackbaud, we re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Senior Cloud Financial Analyst will be a professional, self-motivated individual that focuses on financial analysis for datacenter costs (both public cloud and colocation) at Blackbaud. This person will be responsible for working closely with senior leaders across the company. This position will serve as a finance liaison focusing on cost analysis, budget/forecasts, business planning and strategy development to drive efficiencies, improve quality of services provided and decrease the total cost of operations. This candidate must have a strong attention to detail, capable of working with teams, a quick learner, superior MS Office skills and the ability to coach and mentor junior members of the team.
- Analysis and reporting of public cloud (Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)) spend across the company
- Work closely with senior leaders in RDO (Research, Delivery and Operations) to serve as a finance liaison/business partner to provide support on budget/forecast along with cost analysis and providing ad hoc reports, as needed, driving focus on the large areas of the business
- Drive process improvements in reporting by leading team usage of Hyperion (HFM) and Hyperion Planning
- Provides analysis and summaries of vendor contracts and invoices when appropriate
- Provides in depth analysis in product level and customer level costing and drives changes, as needed, to stay in line with the business needs along with driving automation
- Works with the Financial Analysts to review variance analyses for budget, forecast and actual results
- Develops and implements procedures and processes related to the assigned projects.
- Work with the different resource group (RG) teams assisting in processes such as monthly forecast process as well as any cost or price model discussions around capital purchases.
- Ensure compliance with company policy, SOX, SEC guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Works closely with Corporate Finance and Market Groups on projects, customer programs, costing, pricing and process improvements involving technical financial aspects.
- Compile presentations of a thoroughness and quality suitable for senior level audiences, including executive and strategic.
- Coaches the more junior members of the team
- Must be able to demonstrate strong principles of financial analysis
- Ideal candidate is a strong team player, quality conscious, has excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills, and is highly self-motivated
- Work independently under limited supervision, exercise initiative within established procedural guidelines, and organize and prioritize work to meet established deadlines
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality of such data and information
- Apply company policies and standards
- Analyze information, reach conclusions and formulate such thoughts into written action plans
- Exercise good judgment, decisiveness, and creativity
- Interface with individuals at all levels of the organization and to establish effective working relationships
- Bachelor s degree in accounting or finance and 5-7 years of corporate financial analysis experience showing progressively increasing responsibility.
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to , through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to , , and , we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on , , , and
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies:We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.