Cushman & Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The firm’s 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries provide deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors around the world. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenues of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (branded C&W Services), global occupier services, investment management (branded DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
Senior Contract Manager
Job Description Summary
The successful candidate for this position will join a lean, dynamic legal team with direct responsibility for providing transactional legal support to C&W's Brokerage & Capital Markets business in North America. The candidate will be responsible for proactively supporting the Brokerage & Capital Markets businesses, with a varied client base, and fostering C&W's dynamic, collaborative and practical culture. This position may also include providing ad hoc assistance on special projects as they arise and this position reports to the Associate General Counsel - Brokerage & Capital Markets.
- Analyze, draft and negotiate certain commercial real estate related agreements for the Brokerage & Capital Markets businesses in North America, which includes the following service lines: Brokerage (Tenant Representation, Agency Leasing, Capital Markets), Valuation & Advisory, Consulting and Incentives.
- Consistently analyze and mitigate contractual risk in commission agreements, agency agreements, engagement letters, confidentiality agreements and other legal instruments, while increasing efficiency and consistency in contracting.
- Advise and counsel internal clients with respect to the legal policies and legal implications of proposed transactions; maintain open communication and good working relationships with both internal clients and clients of the Company.
- Collaborate directly with C&W attorneys, outside brokers, management and opposing counsel.
- Perform legal research and analysis and prepare legal memoranda.
- Track and administer signed agreements.
- Collaborate with legal team to share best practices, implement risk management strategies, craft negotiation strategy and follow corporate directives, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work under time-sensitive deadlines, increase efficiencies for handling a significant volume of contracts, and be productive in fast-paced environments with multiple competing priorities.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- employment information (or any similar combination of education and experience)
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Enjoy working in a very fast paced environment
- Organized; detail oriented; versatile
- Demonstrates critical thinking, exceptional interpersonal skills, and problem solving ability
- Demonstrates strong verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrates sense of urgency, prioritization, flexibility, and adaptability
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate ownership of job tasks
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.