Senior Contract Negotiator
Position Purpose: The Senior Contract Negotiator implements provider contracting strategies for local health plan. Negotiates and implements provider contracts, and monitors and evaluates the performance of provider contracts.
Negotiates corporate contracts with hospital, ancillary and individual providers.
- Analyzes utilization statistics and set-up rates for inpatient services.
- Contracts on a case rate basis versus capitation.
- Interacts with providers (individual and institutional) and their office staff via phone, in person, and in writing to provide program information and to accomplish problem resolution concerning claims.
- Performs on-site liaison visits at provider offices.
- Conducts or assists with group provider education sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree or related experience. Previous contracting experience in healthcare. Previous experience in hospital contracting and rate analysis. Previous office experience. Minimum two years experience in a position dealing professionally with physicians and clients. Prior work experience involving application of HMO policies and procedures. Previous experience with provider relations or Government programs in provider relations. Public speaking experience
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Marketing & PR||10.0%||3%||23%|
|Consulting & Upper Management||9.2%||6%||476%|
|Non-Profit & Volunteering||5.9%||7%||417%|