Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America The Vituity Team.
We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today's complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing the data and reporting capabilities for client-supported programs that will improve the quality, performance, and operations along the Acute Care Continuum. This position will monitor Vituity's performance in CMS Quality Programs, and develop and improve data reporting systems while ensuring data quality and integrity. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to... Program Development and Quality Programs
Our Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Critically interpret and evaluate user requests to design data integration solutions for multiple clients in a complex business environment.
- Architect, design, develop, test, automate and deploy custom code to integrate disparate data sources for complex business intelligence, visualization, and analytic projects.
- Lead and perform complex data mining and deep analysis of data sets, applications, systems, protocols and communication standards to provide recommendations and solutions based on business requirements.
- Serve as matter expert for data integration, best practices, protocols and standards.
- Be a champion for promoting and incorporating standards and best practice to support accuracy, reliability, automation, extensibility, flexibility, interoperability and to ensure data consistency and lineage are preserved.
- Make recommendations and propose solutions for improving processes.
- Work with internal and external business entities to help articulate requirements into reference artifacts by understanding needs, profiling and examining data to understand data behavior, assumptions, taxonomies and business rules.
- Develop and deliver oral and written communications on key findings, conclusions, and recommendations to business leaders and technical audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5 years of experience in EDW tools, technologies and programming/scripting languages (SSIS, Python, Ruby, C#, T-SQL, UNIX shell, Perl, Java, Node.js, etc.).
- Expert level knowledge of SQL. Ability to diagnose and tune queries, use of advanced SQL features such as window / analytic functions.
- Ability to build, document and deploy solutions which conform to standards-based APIs, protocols, data exchange methods and frameworks (HL7, FHIR, CCD-A, REST, JSON, OAuth, Open ID, etc).
- Ability to develop custom, healthcare-specific data integrations and technical solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling concepts such as star schemas, snowflake schemas, OLAP, OLTP, late-binding and highly-normalized models.
- Ability to understand a business process and translate into appropriate technical solutions.
- Ability to synthesize business questions and existing artifacts into prototype solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to triage issues, provide Root Cause Analysis, and recommend short and long-term solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and Data Governance with focus on security.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations as it relates data management; HIPAA and PCI.
- Knowledge of reverse engineering legacy code.
- Ability to effectively manage projects, including development of strategies, actions steps, and timelines.
- Ability to handle detailed work accurately and quickly, work to meet deadlines on multiple projects, and collaborate with team members.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with a diverse audience of technical, non-technical and clinical constituencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel skills, to include macros, pivot tables, advanced Excel formulas.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
When you work at Vituity, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That's why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today! Vituity
- Competitive benefits package : Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you've never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring : not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location : We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay -- just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.