Warner Media is an entertainment company with a strong portfolio of iconic characters. It's a hub of the best storytellers to drive meaningful culture and connection. It operates in 55 countries across six continents. The canvas offers to its partners brings freedom and more opportunities to develop and create exceptional. The company has a team of corporate and administration, finance and accounting, creative content and editorial, human resources, marketing, and communications, product management, legal and building affairs, production, and technology. These diverse departments, offer a huge employment opportunities. It promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion to shape the communities.
Posting Job Title
Senior Data Scientist WarnerMedia Division
United States - New York - New York Posting Job DescriptionThe Job
Come join the startup HBO Max team within WarnerMedia Entertainment. As a data scientist on the HBO Max Data & Analytics team, this individual will design and execute end-to-end data science solutions within a cloud-based analytic infrastructure, partner with data engineering and analytic teams in transforming the insights into actionable endpoints, carrying the data science solution to production and managing the publication of the endpoints for downstream consumption. The Daily
- Design and execute multi-disciplinary analytic end points in a cloud-based data science infrastructure and co-ordinate the update/refresh cycles across different functional area
- Work with data scientists and solution analysts to understand the business problems, proactively design intuitive data structures and create the best-suited data structures for modeling and analysis
- Work with technology data engineers to facilitate publishing of analytic end points in an enterprise data lake as well as other stakeholder platforms
- Assist in the ML (machine learning) model deployment and production execution
- Evaluate and facilitate the integration of additional sources of data that can enhance analytic capability, continually identify and fix issue that could enforce robust analytic process
- Monitor and ensure all the batch and live streaming jobs run smoothly from end to end and troubleshooting job failure and warnings
- Assist applying data quality framework on analytic data transformation pipeline.
- Maintain and own all workflow documents up to date.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, engineer, mathematics or equivalent experience
- Strong experience building big data product and production pipelines to support data and analytic functions.
- Expertise with analytic scripting R, Python and strong with SQL
- Solid experience on database development, management and ETL at big data platform
- Familiar with various data science techniques and ML/AI concepts and implement models developed with these techniques into production environment
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic and some remote organization with minimal documentation and process
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Entertainment or media industry a big plus
174086BR Position Type
Full Time Area of Interest
Data Science Industry
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Film Production and Distribution, Television Program Production and Distribution About Us
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSMand MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand®. and Cinemax On Demand®. in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.