ASRC Federal is seeking an experienced Senior Director, Capture Management to lead Capture and the capture team at the Corporate level in support of the enterprise. ASRC Federal is headquartered in the greater Washington DC area, and has contracts across the entire country as well as OCONUS. The position location is in the DC Metro area and a primary work location of an established ASRC Federal office is required as one of the DC Metro area sites as Reston, VA or Beltsville, MD. Candidates must be willing to travel frequently to locations specific to assigned capture opportunities.
This role will support the enterprise and all Operating Groups. The role is responsible for defining and leading the strategic captures for the enterprise and managing a team of capture professionals. The role focuses on driving the capture process, ensuring complete capture readiness, mentoring, and support in managing large strategic captures across the company. Supporting and driving the team through opportunity qualification, customer intimacy, win strategy development, solicitation shaping and proposal development activities leading to the successful capture of new business and re-compete opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success in managing complex capture projects throughout the entire Federal Acquisition lifecycle from inception to award, and managing/leading capture teams pursuing complex opportunities. Demonstrated experience in developing capture plans and successfully pursuing large-scale ($100M plus) Federal Government business/projects is a fundamental requirement. Position reports to the Sr. Vice President of Corporate Business Development for the company and will also work closely with the Operating Group Presidents and BD teams.
- Drive and lead capture strategy for corporation
- Drive and manage the capture team to ensure complete capture process alignment including: customer contact, win strategy development, competitive intelligence, gap analysis and bid team structuring.
- Using provided tools and guidelines, classify the win probability, funding probability and bid/performance risks and establish appropriate risk management strategies.
- Interface with industry peers and evaluate/recommend teaming arrangements.
- Support and manage price-to-win and design-to-cost strategies, solicitation responses, proposal product development, color reviews, submission and final proposal revisions.
- Prepare B&P estimates and ROI justifications for assigned captures and mentor team in these areas
- Present, inform and persuade high-level internal and external customers of the company's understanding of customer needs and requirements, business development and capture plans, strategies and actions.
- In conjunction with the SVP of BD, must develop strategy and capture plans, create and track schedules, as well as formulate and track budgets when required by senior management for key opportunities.
- Lead and manage execution of capture activities to ensure costs, schedules, and performance goals are met.
- Present status of captures at required meetings/reviews and obtain approvals as required to progress the opportunity through its lifecycle.
- Orchestrate the activities of diverse account executives, business development and proposal staff members (proposal managers, cost analysts, pricers, contracts specialists, technical contributors and subcontractor teammates) to ensure proposal responses carry out winning capture strategies, win themes, and competitive discriminators, from receipt of draft RFP to submission of final proposal revision.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 20 years capture management, business development and federal market experience focused on growth in DoD and Federal Civilian markets.
- Demonstrated experience and results in targeting select markets, identifying, qualifying and winning new business opportunities.
- Possess versatile and persuasive written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive customer and industry participant networks.
- Must have US Citizenship with ability to pass a background check.
- Thorough research and data gathering/validating techniques to gather and document information about the opportunity's timing, customer(s)/stakeholder(s), competition, pricing and procurement.
- Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Capture management delivering multiple opportunity wins greater than $100M
- Successfully leading both DoD and other Federal agency captures
- Leading Pricing strategy, Basis of Estimate development and technical solutions for complex captures
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
- Job Title: Senior Director, Capture Management
- Location: 11091 SUNSET HILLS RD, RESTON-VA077
- City: RESTON
- State: Virginia