Sallie Mae is a company created with great purpose. We provide loans. But what separates us from any other financial institution is that we have a why. We have a purpose. We make the dream of higher education a reality. We do it by being a resource for families who want to save, plan, and pay for college. Our vision, to be a trusted financial partner, inspires us to explore new ways to serve our customers every day. No matter what position you hold at Sallie Mae, you'll have a role in moving us toward that vision.
Over the last 40 years, Sallie Mae has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college. The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality.
Who we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want—whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills—you’re in the right place.
What You’ll Contribute:
You will be a key player on a growing MarTech team to deliver on the strategic vision to reimagine the customer experience.
Deep experience to design and implement marketing technology solutions and manage day-to-day operations will help marketers to take advantage of new intelligent marketing tools; embrace data driven marketing; and adopt a culture that puts experimentation, measurement and analysis at the center of every marketing campaign/initiative.
The successful candidate will employ a blend of business and technical savvy, be forward-thinking and creative and possess great interpersonal skills. These talents will help drive effective partnerships with business sponsors and stakeholders across the enterprise and third-party strategic alliances to stand up real-time, high-volume, multi-channel MarTech delivery solutions and manage day-to-day operations to drive measurable customer centric revenue and expense targets.
What You'll Do:
- Acting as a thought leader and establishing the vision and leading the implementation of the Marketing Technology initiative
- Communicating strategically to executives, management, partners and stakeholders
- Monitors new technologies and oversees the selection of projects and priorities
- Overall delivery accountability; provide day-to-day leadership to delivery teams, lead planning and budgeting, mobilize and manage delivery teams to ensure quality, completeness and timeliness of solution delivery
- Driving vision and purpose. Be passionate about the purpose, about closing the gap between current reality and the future you desire, find a way to ignite that passion in others. Shape and deliver a message that appeals to the core interests and values of your audience. But words alone aren’t enough. Must demonstrate commitment to the purpose and vision you espouse. This will inspire others to show their commitment as well
- Quickly and decisively takes action as a leader in fast-changing, unpredictable situations
- Shows a tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations; is exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities
- Take on a daunting task such as stepping in to fix a critical initiative that has stalled, lost focus, or encountered major obstacles
- Identify and pursue a bold new opportunity for the organization. Make a case for the new idea, draft a plan of action, and carry forward the steps needed to ensure successful returns
- Turn around the performance of a project team or group that has become bogged down by many competing priorities. Provide a clear path forward and execute the vital actions necessary for success
- Take responsibility for a task or a target that people have grown weary of and instill a feeling of renewed purpose, energy, and drive in the team
- Responsible for the design, implementation and operations aligned to business needs and support business development initiatives
- Navigate matrixed team and manage the complexity of an enterprise-scale program (internal and external teams)
- Stay abreast of latest marketing technology trends and all of Sallie Mae’s product offerings to integrate in planning efforts, business development efforts and overall roadmaps with the Marketing Technology Strategist/Product Manager
- Influence and inspire teams to collaborate effectively
- Act as a counselor and coach to Delivery teams
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing continual delivery excellence initiatives
- Manage a cross-culture, geo-distributed team, accountable for career development and performance improvements
- Manage and oversee several Director level roles
What You Bring:
- Director level marketing technology and/or marketing operations experience preferably in financial services
- 10-12 years of service delivery experience in implementing and maintaining real-time, high-volume marketing technology and/or marketing operations solutions, leading a high performing, geo-distributed delivery teams
- Up-to-date knowledge of enterprise-scale MarTech eco-systems such as CDP, DMP, CCCM, CMS, DAM, Personalization
- Delivery Management experience in the Marketing Technology and/or Marketing Operations space
- Strong experience that span tracks of work including User Experience, Technology, Project Management, Business Analysis, Systems Integration, Migration and Infrastructure
- Matured understanding of the financial services industry in driving P&L improvements
- Excellent people management skills, ability to develop and motivate diverse teams. Proactive and one step ahead by anticipating client needs; seamlessly inform, align and lead internal stakeholders to meet client demands
- Experience leading key initiatives against strict timeline and multiple priorities
- Experience working in a consultative manner with Business Sponsors and key stakeholders and external partners
- Strong executive presence, demonstrated history of working with Business Sponsors and key stakeholders at the executive level (e.g. VP, SVP, CMO)
What You'll Get at Sallie Mae:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
- Financial Well-being: 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
- Work/Life Balance: Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
- Wellness: Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here . EEO is the Law Supplement . Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please call (855) 756-2007 and choose option 4. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
© 2018 Sallie Mae Bank. All rights reserved. Sallie Mae, the Sallie Mae logo, and other Sallie Mae names and logos are service marks or registered service marks of Sallie Mae Bank or its subsidiaries. Upromise, the Upromise logo, and other Upromise names and logos are service marks or registered service marks of Upromise, Inc. All other names and logos used are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sallie Mae Bank and Upromise, Inc., are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.