Becker Professional Education is an educational institute that was founded in 1957 and headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. They are empowering people and enhancing their career success. They are helping accounting and healthcare professionals. Their typical services include USMLE Exam Review, CPA Exam Review, and Continuing Professional Education Courses. Its professional education is Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a U.S. Department of Education. They have 2900 partners including firms, corporations, societies, universities, and government agencies. They have 4 global accounting firms and have maintained relations with 99 accounting firms of the United States. They need industry experts to train, educate, and inculcate some core values in their learning certified programs of CPA. They often need some experts in the domains such as content strategist, Faculty members, Accountant Manager, Creative Producer, Senior Project Manager, and many more. Their annualemployment growth rate is 2%.
Opportunity at a Glance
The Senior Director, Software Engineering & Learning Technology is responsible for architecting, developing, delivering and supporting Beckers proprietary learning solutions. This position owns the learning software development life cycle, sets the strategy and vision for Beckers software development, and actively directs and supports the design, delivery, enhancement and support. This position leads a software development team with global scope and skills covering requirements translation, sprint management, software architecture, software development, data management, quality assurance and DevOps engineering. This position is a member of the Becker leadership team and reports directly to the President, Becker with dotted-line responsibility to the Vice President, Technology for the Adtalem Financial Services vertical.
Leadership and strategy
- Build relationships and facilitates alignment with broader Adtalem technology team, as well as legal, security and regulatory affairs teams as needed
- Contribute to the products development and execution of Beckers strategic plan and operating plan
- Co-lead the development of Beckers product plans and roadmaps, in partnership with Sr. Director, Product Management, Director, Marketing and other leaders
- Lead a global team in the US, Portugal, Brazil and other countries as needed in the future
- Lead a cross-functional software development team with requisite skills and experience to contribute directly (hands-on) across multiple technical disciplines
- Build and maintain a culture of innovation, agility and data-based decision making
- Manage the design and implementation of metrics for Beckers software development functions
- Develop budgets and forecasts, and analyze variances with actual operating results in alignment with the Global IT budget guidelines
- Direct strategy and budget for local IT support of Northridge and Porto operations, as well as 2nd-tier student tech support for supported technologies
- Manage all software development relationships with 3rd-party partners
- Ensure adherence to Adtalem internal controls matrices, security and particularly protecting intellectual properties
- Ultimate responsibility for the development, delivery, enhancement and maintenance of all proprietary software development for Becker, including online platforms, mobile apps and back-office educational technology, including custom repositories and Course Authoring technology to continuously enhance large-scale course production efficiency
- Manage Beckers Chief Software Architect and team of software architect engineers to ensure optimum infrastructure and architecture for Becker products
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of Adtalems Cloud that deliver all Adtalems proprietary software effectively and cost-efficiently in alignment with the Global IT infrastructure strategy
- Manage implementation and execution of a formalized Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for development and maintenance of all Adtalem custom-developed educational software applications and platforms
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree in a relevant field is required; an advanced degree, is preferred.
- A minimum of 10-15 years IT experience in large or mid-size organization;
- 10 years experience in Agile software development, with an emphasis in custom learning solutions; direct experience in leading the design, development and management of these solutions ideally for more than one product or market segment.
- Cutting edge technology competencies to lead and contribute directly (hands-on) to architecture, development, QA and engineering; technical skills and breadth of experience to lead a team across technical disciplines,
- Experience in actively leading and participating in the translation of business requirements into a software development roadmap in a matrix organization with IT shared services.
- Proven history of leadership, professional development and promotion of team members across technical disciplines; experience leading a distributed, global development team
- Experience participating as a member of a business leadership team.
- Ability to develop budgets and forecasts and analyzing variances with actual operating results.
- Excellent management, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Accounting and finance industry professionals and leading firms around the globe count on Becker for the help they need to raise their game, plus the ongoing expertise necessary for continued achievement. As the industry originals, we have helped more than one million candidates prepare for the CPA Exam and continue to advance the industry through our relationships and resources.
Becker provides CPA Exam Review, CMA Exam Review and Continued Professional Education. Becker is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET), a U.S. Department of Education nationally recognized agency that promotes quality-oriented education and training through the establishment of standards and an accreditation process focused on integrity.