Senior GIS Developer
GCR Inc. (GCR) is a leading software development company that serves public sector clients through aviation, government, energy technologies, real estate, community planning, and recovery services. For over 20 years, PCC has developed and implemented solutions in the areas of business services, voter registration, election administration, and ethics and disclosure for state and local governments. We help our customers provide enhanced services to their constituents. Our software tools increase an agency's productivity, improve the quality of information received, and eliminate barriers for constituents that may be present in legacy systems.
PCC's custom application development projects contribute to some of our company's most successful and robust implementations. PCC can support application development efforts on multiple technology platforms, based on the needs of our customers. We are a full-service technology company, and our team includes project managers, business analyst, user experience designers, technical architects, application developers, security consultants, data migration experts, trainers, and testers. We are able to effectively evaluate project requirements to determine accurate scope, time, and cost estimate for customer solution opportunities.
Windsor, CT and Columbus OH
GCR Inc. is a leading software development company that serves public sector clients through aviation, government, energy technologies, real estate, community planning and recovery services.
PCC is growing and has an immediate need for a Senior .NET GIS Developer to join our team in our CT or OH Offices.Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented
- Proven track record of successful cross-team/group collaboration to drive necessary processes and ensure product reliability/stability
- Strong technical & process development skills, with a clear ability/desire to go deep technically when needed
- Experience working with remote teams preferred, but not required
- To design, develop and implement customized GIS solutions (mobile, hybrid, web, web-services and desktop applications).
- Work closely with analysts and architects to ensure the solutions developed meets the client requirements.
- Produce technical designs for client spatial solutions requirements.
- Ability to compile technical documentation (SW Requirements Specifications, Technical Design Document, Use-Cases, Test-Cases, UML Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, ...etc.)
- Liaise with the IT function to ensure the infrastructure will support the developed solution.
- Act as a point of contact for the GIS/Spatial technical issues.
- In-depth experience of Java.
- Good practical knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle Database and Esri ArcSDE.
- Experienced in all phases of the SDLC and good understanding of software development industry standards and processes including Agile and Scrum.
- Experience in software design patterns and techniques including object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) using the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Understanding of service oriented architecture (SOA) methods and web-based technologies.
- Knowledge of GIS data models and standards.
- 5+ years' experience in in ESRI based GIS applications development
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent.GCR Inc. offers our employees a competitive compensation package. Among the benefits are paid time off, paid holidays, company matching 401(k), health and dental plans, company paid short term disability and life insurance.
GCR Inc.'s corporate headquarters are in New Orleans, Louisiana with additional offices in Covington, LA., Baton Rouge, LA, Windsor, CT and Indianapolis, IN. GCR Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GCR Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GCR Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GCR Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- provided by Dice