Cushman & Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The firm’s 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries provide deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors around the world. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenues of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (branded C&W Services), global occupier services, investment management (branded DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
Senior Maintenance TechnicianJob Description Summary
Responsible to assist with the operation, troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on commercial buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate, replace and repair HVAC Equipment and work with all refrigerants
• Ability to troubleshoot HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, related controls, motors, etc.
• Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and grounds equipment
• Clean, lubricate, and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic devices
• Complete all required safety training on time as assigned by the company
• Assist with installation and modification of building equipment and systems
• Replace and repair building finishes such as ceiling tiles, door hardware, wall paper, and can paint walls, piping, floors and equipment
• Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
• Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
• Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns
• Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, preventative maintenance
• Maintain and operate fire and life safety systems such as; Fire alarm systems, fire pumps and related fire protection system equipment
• Perform soldering, welding, carpentry, and snow removal when necessary
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Ability to use technology such as; smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
• Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually.
• Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hoursKEY COMPETENCIES
• Technical Proficiency
• Sense of UrgencyIMPORTANT EDUCATION
• High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
• HVAC trade school certificate/degree preferredIMPORTANT EXPERIENCE
• 4+ years of related work experience in a commercial property settingADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Possess a valid "Universal" level certification for CFC and HFC-based refrigerants (EPA Section 608), to service, repair or dispose of equipment that could release ozone-depleting refrigerants to the atmosphere or any similar combination of education and experience
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license (commercial license may be required) and good driving record with periodic checks
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or stand-by or on-call dutiesWORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have ability tostoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.