American Express (The American Express Company, also known as Amex) is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered in New York City, offering innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions. The company was founded in 1850 and is best known for its credit card and traveler's cheque businesses. The core solutions of the company are currently credit cards, small business credit cards, corporate cards, prepaid cards, savings accounts & CDs and gift cards. A world of opportunities, a world-class leadership and an inclusive culture will help you thrive if you choose to join the company. American Express has established a compensation package to support employees and families at every stage of their lives by caring about their physical, financial and emotional well-being, providing health benefits, wellness and prevention, tuition assistance, paid parental leave, and many more.
Global Network Strategy & Transformation (GNS&T) is a new team tasked with envisioning the American Payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to delivering it. Taking the lead of this strategic imperative for the company, this global team is looking to define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation. A Network Modernization (NeMo) Program team has been established to implement a full-scale modernization of the American Express Global Network over the next three years. NeMo will rebuild the American Express Network from the ground up and is focused on designing a truly digital global payments network that is agile and ready for rapid innovation.
We are seeking a Senior Manager role experienced in Quality Engineering including providing the overall testing strategy through automation, quality control and metric reporting. This critical role will collaborate closely with product owners, engineering teams and release teams to ensure the delivery of software quality with time to market commitments and ensuring no customer disruption in production. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing strategic mentorship to development teams, driving quality work through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data.
- Responsible for the overall testing strategy, governance framework and leads the team in the execution of end to end functional testing.
- Responsible for the oversight of non functional testing (performance, resiliency, latency)
- Ensures linkages with the Site reliability Engineering/release teams
- Reviews progress and makes recommendations for areas of opportunities/improvements for automation & tool usage. Continuously, aligns with project/application architects on test infrastructure.
- Serves as point of contact for escalation and issues. Is skilled in Continuous Deployment (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI) capabilities
- Automation and testing processes, tools and methodologies at the portfolio or for large/complex products
- Works with development resources to drive improvements in overall quality, automation and testing processes and techniques
- Drive innovation and lead product development needs within a dynamic, agile environment
- Collaborate with a wide variety to partners within business and technology teams to inspire change required to execute quality strategy and controls
- Help drive and deploy the CD/CI capabilities for the portfolio
- Quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management and identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement
- Lead a team of test engineers and drive the backlog for testing and automation teams including prioritization, delivery schedule, capacity management
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required; advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years experience in Quality assurance and Testing in a large enterprise platform/program and/or Network systems
- Experience in building test framework, release strategy and defining/tracking quality metrics in a large scale micro-services based echo-system/platform
- Knowledge in CI/CD pipeline creation, management and driving results thru automation
- Experience delivering high-impact, complex products that span across organizations and involve multiple stakeholders
- High-level of flexibility with the ability to absorb and own new information and adapt to change quickly. Strong ownership and accountability for outcomes
- Ability to think strategically and understand the full downstream applications of design decisions. Demonstrated experience in collaborating with IT peers to arrive to requirement prioritization and design decisions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to clearly articulate and work through complexities
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation, and influencing skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignment and tasks independently, with minimal supervision and people management skills
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and fluid environment with competing priorities and needs
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)® methodology preferred
Delivering extraordinary experiences to its customers and employees every day.
The success of American Express since its inception has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So, if you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.