Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community locally and globally. Collaboration among our institutions and health care professionals is central to our efforts to advance our mission.
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement
Working under the general direction of the Innovation Manager, the Senior Operations Analyst will work closely with the DHI team and Innovation Manager to run daily operations, define workflows and processes, track and report on project and performance KPIs, and improve performance and efficiency in pilot programs and projects. The Senior Operations Analyst should be an effective data analyst and possess the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels. The Senior Operations Analyst is responsible for a variety of duties in a fast-paced, dynamic environment involving project intake and analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Developing and maintaining project documentation including project plan, design/requirements documents, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, action items, parking lot, and decision documents
• Research and analysis of digital health vendors, products, and trends.
• Delivery of concise reports in the form of written documents, tables, dashboards, and PowerPoint decks.
• Analysis and documentation of workflows spanning all areas of patient and provider experience.
• Financial analysis and development of ROI and business plans as necessary, supporting translational scaling of innovation pilots across the organization.
• Assistance with governance processes, meetings, and documentation.
• Collaborate with Partners stakeholders spanning clinical, business, and Enterprise Data and Digital Health to define digital innovation needs and impact on DHI processes.
• Documents activities and develop feedback reports to communicate project findings and activities to collaborators and others involved (e.g. workflows, processes, etc.)
• Understands the project timeline and scope well. Communicates broadly. Works to engage team members on a variety of levels to promote participation and partnership in the project work
• Supports all logistics and communications associated with the implementation of projects or with DHI processes
• Assists in the identification, implementation and monitoring of internal quality processes as assigned at a project and DHI program level
• Initiates and maintains communications with internal and external customers including project collaborators, taskforce, vendors, etc. where applicable
• Advances and maintains relationships with DHI staff, collaborators, and clients
• Prepares and gives presentations to audiences as directed
• Assists with the orientation and development of new team members
• Directs and completes projects as assigned. Performs other related duties as assigned Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Healthcare Administration or Business Management.
• 3 years or more experience in project management, healthcare experience required, especially at an academic medical facility or healthcare focused technology company preferred
• Ability to understand and learn new technology.
• EPIC EMR experience preferred
• High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to prioritize workload according to service pressures.
• Fundamental understanding of project and financial management processes.
• Excellent knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to independently solve complex problems with projects, workflows and process
• Ability to perform gap analysis of business operations and workflows
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve with other members of the team and resolve complex issues. Utilize active listening skills to understand business challenges.
• Communication: Employ effective interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
• Experience and proficiency with business software, i.e., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio); SharePoint experience a plus Knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Privacy Policies is desirable.
The Senior Operations Analyst has no direct reports.
• The Senior Operations Analyst has no fiscal responsibility beyond the scope of projects under her/his management.
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Partners resources
The hours are usually Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM but vary according to the demands on this exempt salaried position. Time may be split between corporate offices and in hospital-based environments.
The work environment is very busy and dynamic Staff is very collaborative and work together to solve issues with particular practice issues
There are often multiple conversations occurring at the same time the staff needs to be able to handle an environment that is not quiet. The employee is required to travel to any Partners’ facilities to attend off-site meetings. This includes travel to new client sites.
Shift: Day Job